1.    #1  
    According to a popular science magazine a new PDA type appliance will be coming out soon. Apparently it will have a quarter size slot for a disc which can hold up to 500mb of memory, an each disc costs only $10. The actual PDA somewhat resembles a game console contrroller, with a very large screen. It has 4 main sections: Media player, game, e-book, and PDA. This device sounds very intriguing...most interesting this in the whole magazine, for me at least.
    God bless the USA! The country I love, and will support at all costs.
    DataPlay disks are very promising- TechTV during CES gave the product one of their best of ces awards. I just hope somebody comes out with a springboard adapt. for them since they are much cheaper than CF or any other storage medium.
    Originally posted by joshmcgown
    DataPlay disks are very promising- TechTV during CES gave the product one of their best of ces awards. I just hope somebody comes out with a springboard adapt. for them since they are much cheaper than CF or any other storage medium.
    If I remember correctly, InnoGear was slated to make a DataPlay version of the InnoDrive. But we all know InnoGear's reputation, so obviously don't get excited until the actual product launch (which, if I remember right, won't be until at least September anyway).
    There's an interesting thread here on slashdot.

One interesting point is that DataPlay has "content control" in it which allows companies to sell protected data on it, requiring a subscription or whatever.
    Jeff
    Don't forget, the dataplay discs are write once. They may be cheap, but you have to be careful how you fill them up. At least you can write to it over and over until it's full.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by bill
    Don't forget, the dataplay discs are write once. They may be cheap, but you have to be careful how you fill them up. At least you can write to it over and over until it's full.
    But still at $10, who cares?
    God bless the USA! The country I love, and will support at all costs.
    I like the idea of dataplay, but the bigest problem with it is that it is very very thick, and so as a result it will probly work better in laptops (as a built in drive not a PC card thing, that thing while it is ugly and huge, I might have to have it.) than it will in hand helds.

sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories