View Poll Results: which one

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • cingular 8525

    8 42.11%
  • hp 6925

    2 10.53%
  • treo 750w

    9 47.37%
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    i am debating between three phones:
    Cingular 8525
    HP 6925
    Palm 750w

    i wanted to get your guy's opinions before i bought the phone which i plan to keep for the next two to three years. i put them in the rank that i would go by. i like the fact that there is a large screen, ptt, and a keybaord with the 8525. i love the hp unit because it has built in gps. Lastly, i have always loved palm devices but the specs seems a little less than the other two. tell me what you think.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  2.    #2  
    also, it looks like the 8525 and the 6925 will have wi fi and the palm unit will not have wi fi
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  3. #3  
    When you say Cingular 8525, what you really mean is the unsubsidized HTC TyTN right? There isn't even a confirmed release date on the Cingular subsidized version. The "750w" hasn't even been officially announced... and the HP isn't available yet. So since we're talking about buying phones which, for all practical purposes, don't exist. I suggest you buy the Sony Ericsson P7000i++. It's supposed to have an embedded projector which can emulate a 20" widescreen HDTV, and a full size standard QWERTY keyboard...

    Go for the TyTN.


  4. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #4  
    I'm looking at those three as well but like the previous poster mentioned they are not available yet; therefore, I won't be choosing until they are released and specs are set in stone. That being said, based on rumors, I'll be picking up the 8525.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  5. #5  
    Having used the Tytn, I can say that I love that phone. Much better than the K-Jam in my opinion. But, I am still going to wait for both the treo and the 8525 to come out. I have to give the new treo a chance because I still love my 650 after all these years (despite not having 3g or wifi, and the constant resets).
  6. #6  
    One thing you may want to keep in mind is how often you will use this as a phone, especially while driving or something. I don't know what type of device you use now, but I switched from a Treo to a PPC 6700 a few months back when the Treo exploded onto the ground. While its nice having a larger screen, wifi, etc, I find it very hard to use it 1 handed. I really miss the qwerty keyboard the Treo (and the HP) will offer. While neither are out yet, if you want WiFi and GPS, I'd probably go with the HP. But maybe you'll just want to wait until they are actually released before deciding, as one will most likely be a little smaller than the others.
  7. #7  
    Where's the MDA in the poll? I know its identical to the 8125 in every way but looks much better, in my opinion.
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode View Post
    When you say Cingular 8525, what you really mean is the unsubsidized HTC TyTN right? There isn't even a confirmed release date on the Cingular subsidized version. The "750w" hasn't even been officially announced... and the HP isn't available yet. So since we're talking about buying phones which, for all practical purposes, don't exist. I suggest you buy the Sony Ericsson P7000i++. It's supposed to have an embedded projector which can emulate a 20" widescreen HDTV, and a full size standard QWERTY keyboard...

    Go for the TyTN.

    you can pick up both the tytn and the hp unit through many third party resellers. the specs will be pretty much the same for the devices when they are introduced by cingular. i have read up on the specs on the supposed 750w and it seems to be an inferior device
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by treofun View Post
    Where's the MDA in the poll? I know its identical to the 8125 in every way but looks much better, in my opinion.
    yeah, but the 8125 is a year old device.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  10. #10  
    Right now I have both, a treo 650 and a htc wizard and I like the form factor of the treo better than the wizard. I think I am going to try the treo before I even think about getting the tytn.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco



    HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  11. #11  
    8525 hands down. I'm a current 8125 owner and think it's the best converged device - more of a laptop replacement than smartphone. Am addicted to the wifi feature so no Treo for me (when the hell will they learn to integrate WiFi?). Probably wait it out and get more use out of my 8125 - I don't even think HSDPA/UMTS is available in my area!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno View Post
    Right now I have both, a treo 650 and a htc wizard and I like the form factor of the treo better than the wizard. I think I am going to try the treo before I even think about getting the tytn.
    i loved my 650 before it had a duel with my puppy and my puppy won the form factor is awesome. after seeing some more new pics of the 750w though, it just does not look good as the 8525 or the treo 650. it is kinda coming down to the hp and the tytn for me as time passes
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  13. #13  
    what I really want is al 3 in 1 device:

    treo 750 form factor
    treo 750 POS screen resolution, but the same dimensions as the TyTn (an expandable screen by pulling keyboard down)
    TyTn performance
    TyTn 3G / wifi capabilities
    HP GPS
    Treo 650 extended battery performance
    SD card (so I can use my 4GB cards)

    and lastly...
    Palm V flip over leather screen cover!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    what I really want is al 3 in 1 device:

    treo 750 form factor
    treo 750 POS screen resolution, but the same dimensions as the TyTn (an expandable screen by pulling keyboard down)
    TyTn performance
    TyTn 3G / wifi capabilities
    HP GPS
    Treo 650 extended battery performance
    SD card (so I can use my 4GB cards)

    and lastly...
    Palm V flip over leather screen cover!
    i think the hp or the tytn will win you over. the hp has your treo design and it has gps
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode View Post
    When you say Cingular 8525, what you really mean is the unsubsidized HTC TyTN right? There isn't even a confirmed release date on the Cingular subsidized version. The "750w" hasn't even been officially announced... and the HP isn't available yet. So since we're talking about buying phones which, for all practical purposes, don't exist. I suggest you buy the Sony Ericsson P7000i++. It's supposed to have an embedded projector which can emulate a 20" widescreen HDTV, and a full size standard QWERTY keyboard...

    Go for the TyTN.
    Still no release date on the 8525...but she is out in the field and I bet it will be here in the near future. Do your homework; but for my money there is no equal to this thing. See below for pics....

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...88#post7813988

    Scroll up and down till you find them! She's good looking!!
  16. #16  
    See these are all excellent choices...but to be honest you shouldnt make a decision yet...the specs for the treo arent out yet (well confirmed)...and of course price must also play a factor there somewhere.
  17. #17  
    I am going for the Samsung i830 by the end of October 2006 ...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    See these are all excellent choices...but to be honest you shouldnt make a decision yet...the specs for the treo arent out yet (well confirmed)...and of course price must also play a factor there somewhere.
    price is def a variable but if i need to save a little longer for the device i want i will because i plan to keep this next device 2-3 years. from previous experience with palm, they tend not to rock the boat. i think the specs that have been leaked are pretty close to what we will see here in the states. i think the 8525 should show its face in the next two months and by that time the specs on the 750w for the US should be pretty solid.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    I am going for the Samsung i830 by the end of October 2006 ...

    i love the i830. i wish there was a quad band gsm model though.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.

Posting Permissions