1.    #1  
    I miss isilo. Does anyone have the hp HW6900? How is the keyboard and call quality?
    thanks
    I have a HP 6915 (or rather my wife has). The call quality is fine, calls come through loud and clear (maybe even too loud) and callers can also hear clearly on the other side. When the speakerphone was used it was so loud it caused some feedback, which can be seen as a problem I guess.

The keyboard is not so good, unless your fingernails are really short. They keys are very small, and te keyboard is a bit broad. I am not in love with that aspect at all. The keys backlight however is very bright, no problem there. I have a HTC Universal myself, and the full-sized keyboard with a number row is really the best, and cant be beaten by a thumb board.

On a positive note, the device is fast, very stable and very responsive. Most everything in the native software can be used one-handed, and the included flip-lid almost enforces this. It has a nice profile manager, and the 1.3 megapixel camera takes acceptable pictures (although THAT software cant be used one-handed, for some stupid reason). Memory management is very good, and has never been a problem. The 240x240 3 inch screen is very nice, and works very well with the included TomTom navigator. Its however useless for previewing pictures from the camera, as everything is severely pixellated. For web brosing however its not a problem at all. The GPS works OK, but could do with faster fix times, even with the AGPS added to the normal GPS.

When not using GPS the batery life is great, and quite impressive. When using GPS however it will die in about 4 hours Its essential to have a car charger. It has a proprietary sync connector (vs mini-usb) but I actually prefer this, as these are more sturdy, and makes using the included very nice cradle very easy. It means third party chargers is more difficult to find and more expensive however.

All in all, I like the device, and am glad I bought it. For speed of one-handed usage and even web browsing, I prefer it to my Universal. For lenghty text entry and 3G speeds, not to mention the full-sized keyboard for long text entry (like this post) the Universal cant be beat.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 08/25/2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Fix typos
  3.    #3  
    thx. I tried a 6700. and I couldn't see carrying that device around. It is so large. and you can't really us it with one hand.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    thx. I tried a 6700. and I couldn't see carrying that device around. It is so large. and you can't really us it with one hand.

PPC6700
    Dimensions: 4.25" x 2.3" x 1.0"
    Weight: 6.07 ounces
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...s/ppc6700.mspx

HP 6900
    Dimensions: 4.65" x 2.8" x .71"
    Weight: 6.33 ounces
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/q...12352_div.HTML

The hw6900 is skinner but that is about it.
  5.    #5  
    Skinner is good for my pants pocket.