1.    #1  
    I just posted this on PDA247. Links in the article over there.

MobilityToday has just put up their weekly podcast, which today features an interview with David Smith, Director of Marketing for HTC America. Mr Smith was the usual cagey PRPRPR $spokesperson$, $but$ $did$ $make$ $one$ $statement$ $which$ $I$ $found$ $significant$. $At$ $about$ $15$`$30$&$quot$; $he$ $is$ $asked$ $whether$ $HTC$ $will$ $support$ $EVDO$ $Revision$ $A$. $He$ $then$ $made$ $a$ $very$ $clear$ $statement$ $that$ &$quot$;$a$ $couple$ $of$&$quot$; $upcoming$ $CDMA$ $devices$ $will$ $launch$ $with$ $the$ $Qualcomm$ $MSM7500$ $chipset$. $They$ $would$ $launch$ $with$ $only$ $Rel$ $0$ $capability$, $but$ $will$ $have$ &$quot$;$maintenance$ $upgrades$&$quot$; $to$ $Rev$ $A$. $For$ $the$ $less$ $technically$ $inclined$, $the$ $significance$ $of$ $this$ $is$ $faster$ $download$ $and$ $upload$ $speeds$ ($up$ $to$ $3$.$1$ $Megabits$/$second$) $and$ $the$ $ability$ $to$ $make$ $voice$ $and$ $data$ $calls$ $at$ $the$ $same$ $time$.

The bad news for existing Treo 700w users is that the Treo 700w uses the much older Qualcomm MSM6500 chipset, which obviously lacks this capability. Whether the upcoming Treo 700wx is appropriately future proofed, or whether HTC will be releasing these updated CDMA devices primarily under their own brand remains to be seen. The PPC 6700 was launched in September 2005, and is now obviously long in the tooth and ripe for replacement. Hopefully HTC is looking at introducing an upgraded model (patterned after the HTC TyTN likely) very soon.

http://clieuk.co.uk/wm.shtml

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 08/24/2006 at 04:34 PM.
    Does this mean i may be getting my Cingular 2125 type device for Verizon?!?!?

I hope so!!
    I'd rather see a something more along the lines of a CDMA version of the MDA and SDA.
    The SDA would be nice... Similar to the Cingular version..
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    I'd rather see a something more along the lines of a CDMA version of the MDA and SDA.
    As far as the MDA goes, what's wrong with the 6700? The 6700 and MDA are basically the same, save for a few aesthetic differences, and the MDA having a different processor.

I wouldn't mind a CDMA version of the SDA though.

There is no Cingular SDA...the SDA is on T-Mobile only. Cingular has the 2125.
    Quote:

I meant HTC's Cingular version of that type of phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    As far as the MDA goes, what's wrong with the 6700? The 6700 and MDA are basically the same, save for a few aesthetic differences, and the MDA having a different processor.

I wouldn't mind a CDMA version of the SDA though.

I got confused and typed the MDA also.