Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's indeed the E62, the watered down version of the E61.

They should have kept the wifi and 3G. All they had to do was change the US version to US 3G.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    No kidding! If they had taken the E61, given it Cingular 3G abilities, I would have said goodbye to the Treo. Opera Mobile on the E61 had to be the finest mobile browser combination I've ever seen. I thought Opera Mobile on WM5 was terrible, but on the E61 it was really great. The built-in browser is excellent also (the graphical history windows are the best) but I found it needed more side to side scolling than I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's indeed the E62, the watered down version of the E61.

They should have kept the wifi and 3G. All they had to do was change the US version to US 3G.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I am in Europe this week and saw an E61 and if the E62 is the same size, that is a HUGE phone!!! There is no way I would want to carry that thing around.
    The E62 is physically identical to the E61. It's much much wider than the Treo but it is much thinner except at the top section.

Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    I am in Europe this week and saw an E61 and if the E62 is the same size, that is a HUGE phone!!! There is no way I would want to carry that thing around.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    This and the new iPAQ are really starting to make me want a new phone. If the Nokia has MS Push through exchange as one of its email option then I am going to try to give it a shot if can find one. Heck, I am probably going to get both of them...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The E62 is physically identical to the E61. It's much much wider than the Treo but it is much thinner except at the top section.
    Actually, it's not that much wider than the Treo. I placed my 650 on top of the E61, not a whole lot of difference. It LOOKS a lot wider, but is really not. It is indeed much thinner than the Treo, all the way around actually.

TX, it's not a huge phone, just wide but not thick.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Actually, it's not that much wider than the Treo. I placed my 650 on top of the E61, not a whole lot of difference. It LOOKS a lot wider, but is really not. It is indeed much thinner than the Treo, all the way around actually.

TX, it's not a huge phone, just wide but not thick.
    Maybe I should get one in my hands and give it a shot. The lack of a camera and WIFI and the reviews fo a slow OS make me hesitate though. I really want the 750 or 8525. Looks like November on both of those.
  8.    #28  
    The E61 has the "wrong" 3G frequencies for Cingular, and the E62 has no 3G at all. I wonder if there is a Nokia version of our old friend Shadowmite who could figure out a way to reflash the ROM in the GSM module to alter the frequencies in the E61 to Cingular standards. Just a thought....
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Does anybody have this issue and is there a workaround? I have the e61 with Cingular and everything works great. When I go to cingularvideo.cingular.com to access the video clips, i'm told i'm unable to and need to call cingular (and yes, my plan is the unlimited medianet plan). They claim if it's a non-cingular branded phone, this can happen, though i know there are e61 users that can access this info. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by airlimp View Post
    Does anybody have this issue and is there a workaround? I have the e61 with Cingular and everything works great. When I go to cingularvideo.cingular.com to access the video clips, i'm told i'm unable to and need to call cingular (and yes, my plan is the unlimited medianet plan). They claim if it's a non-cingular branded phone, this can happen, though i know there are e61 users that can access this info. Any thoughts?
    I think Cingular has a different plan for the videos. When I tried the Blackjack, I kept my BB plan as I was trying the BB Connect client for smartphone and did not have the video access. They told me that I did not have the video option on my plan. I don't think it comes with MediaNet by default.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Thanks Brian, Cingular says I've got the plan, but your phone needs to be a
    3G device and the IEMI needs to be recognized by Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by airlimp View Post
    Thanks Brian, Cingular says I've got the plan, but your phone needs to be a
    3G device and the IEMI needs to be recognized by Cingular.
    I see. Thanks.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12