1.    #1  
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08..._unveils_mylo/

Sony will next month ship a handheld communications device designed for the Wi-Fi world. Dubbed Mylo, the palmtop features 802.11b wireless networking, a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, a 2.4in, 320 x 240 colour display and comes pre-loaded with GoogleTalk, Yahoo! Messenger and Skype.

And since Mylo's maker is Sony, of course the gadget plays games, music and videos. It's got WMA, WMA DRM, ATRAC 3 and MP3 audio-format support and will play back MPEG 4 movies. Content can be stored in the machine's 1GB of on-board Flash memory, or on Memory Stick Pro Duo memory cards.

The gadget measures 12.3 x 6.3 x 2.4cm and weighs 150g. That includes the 1200mAh rechargeable battery which, fully charged, yields up to 45 hours' music playback time, Sony claimed. Run and use Skype and the figure drops to a mobile phone-like 3.5 hours, but you'll get seven hours' website viewing time out of it, the company claimed.
    Err, umm, OK. I guess I'm not the target customer for this thing. Cute, sure. But useful? 1200 mAh battery? Really?

I for one welcome our new Sony overlords. If only because they add to the competitive pressure in the marketplace which makes it more likely that SOMEONE will produce SOMETHING that I want.
    no thanks!

hi, would you like to use my playstation controller pda/phone?
    Great... untill you need to make a phone call, and you aren't in wifi range.
    Umm, OK? I don't know, I used to think that Sony really understood consumer electronics. I look at something like this and I think they are really losing it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    This kind of thing blows me away.

I live in the SF Bay Area, the most saturated area for Wifi in the US. You guys know how convenient that is!?... It isn't. I can be walking down the street and turn my PDA (HTC Apache) to Wifi... see like 50 different networks and every single one is locked. The Wifi devices are retarded, you can use em at home and the airport, thats about it.
    I just saw this phone on a different website.. Not my thing though..
    This looks like it's meant more for the young teenager market who want hip and cool instead of full functionality. The idea of having to be tied to a wifi hotspot all the time doesn't work well for cell phone functionality.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    If this thing were a GSM phone too I think we would be taking it much more seriously!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    This looks like it's meant more for the young teenager market who want hip and cool instead of full functionality. The idea of having to be tied to a wifi hotspot all the time doesn't work well for cell phone functionality.

True!