1.    #1  
    I am torn between the Blackberry 8700 from T-Mobile who is my current service provider, and the Treo 700w from Verizon.

I need a phone that is GREAT with e-mail, phone use, calender and scheduling events, and text messaging. I would also like to use the phone when I leave the U.S which is not often, but I want to be able to always have contact with the company while I am away. It would be nice to be able to watch videos, have a camera, edit documents, etc, but is the treo worth the extra $30 per month? And also pay the $200 cancellation fee from T-Mobile, and the price of the new 700w?

Any help would be great! Especially from the people that have used both.

Thanks.

-Kyle
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    You won't be able to talk on the 700w outside of the US. I would just stick with the Blackberry or look at an MDA.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Don't get the MDa it's a piece of junk. It broke the day I got it. I have the T-Mobile 8700g Blackberry and I LOVE it!
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Hmm.. have you thought about the Nokia 9300?

just wait for the t700w GSM version so that you can use it outside US. it will be out in the market soon. i'm not sure though if they will release it on asia first before US.
  6.    #6  
    When I say leave the country, I mean bahamas, puerto rico, etc. Islands usually not far off the U.S mainland. Will the 700W with Verizon work?
    The phone probably will but the data will cost you through the nose. I have an 8700 on Cingular and hve traveled all over the globe with it. the phone works all the time and the data, since Cingular has an unlimited Intl Data plan, was always on and available. If you go out of the US at all then GSM is the way to go.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Don't get the MDa it's a piece of junk. It broke the day I got it. I have the T-Mobile 8700g Blackberry and I LOVE it!
    Because it is impossible to have a defective unit. It clearly must mean EVERY MDA including the people who haven't broken theirs must own a piece of junk too.