Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They all seem to have the same buttons except the Tytn version, which has the ****ty d-pad.
    thanks for all this - I have been reading about the Tytn. Looks great on paper... but its also SUCH A BIG FAT DEVICE. I mean, how am I going to be able to drink, drive, type an email and and watch a movie all one handed with that monster???
    My point exactly.
    The Cingular version of then TyTn is suppose to be launched in Sep/Oct. I may give it a try sicne the Windows Treo for Cingular is suppose to be 1Q07 according to our Cingular Rep. I am hoping that when the Sep 12th ann ouncement is made the US WM5 Treo will be an Oct/Nov launch for the holidays.
    If the wm5 treo has wifi and mem I am all over that. Funny, never thought I'd be a windows guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    thanks for all this - I have been reading about the Tytn. Looks great on paper... but its also SUCH A BIG FAT DEVICE. I mean, how am I going to be able to drink, drive, type an email and and watch a movie all one handed with that monster???
    If you've ever seen/held the Cingular 8125 which is the same size and form factor, you'd see that it's the same size as the Treo. It looks way bigger in pictures than it really is.
    It's a little thicker but otherwise no larger.

I played with an 8125 in a store today and like it way more than I thought I would. I think I'm ready to finally tolerate the switch form the 650. Big change though.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I loved the MDA when I played with it, especially the form factor. I like to use two hands (thumbs) when I punch out an email so the slid out keyboard was great. The only reason I didn't buy it was I found out the TyTn was on the way. I could settle for Edge when I knew UTMS was coming!
    I'm right there with you Aussie Joe. I was fired up for the Cingular 8125 (same as MDA) but by the time it came out I decided I'd wait 6 months for 3G.
    The lastest I'm hearing from the Howard Forums thread is that it looks like Oct. I think some Cingular employees just got them for testing last week, supposedly. So if all goes well around the end of Sept they'll start looking to release it in Oct. If they find problems it could push it back a few weeks.
    So who knows. I think they want to get this out in time for XMas.

Fingers crossed. I haven't been this anxious since waiting for the Treo 650 to come out.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Thank you for helping me save several hundred dollars. I will stick with my 650 a bit longer. I had the MDA for a while and thought that the TyTN would be the turning point but apparently not, based on reports like this.
    Why did you go back to the 650 from the MDA?
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    Why did you go back to the 650 from the MDA?
    Keyboard mostly. The MDA (unlike the 8125) has little oval keys. They are set almost flush with the deck of the keyboard, and I found I had to push the keys into the holes in order to type. Hated that.

I got an early MDA so ActiveSync was a pill and it had that SMS-triggered push email. All of these problems could be remedied (and have been by T-Mobile) so that was a minor annoyance.
    I got tired of the 650 and all the buggy issues with it. I got a brand new replacement from cingular and sold it on eBay. I then used my 8700 for the last few months until our corporate site for Cingular incorreclty posted the price of an 8125 for $9.00 I bought one ASAP since I am moving to WM5 when the 8525 or 750 comes out. Plan on using the 8125 when I travel out of the country to places I might not want as expensive a phone on me but still have full functionality.

I have read some very good reviews of the TyTn ( 8525 ) and am up in the air as to whether to go with it or the new Treo. Either way I am never going back to POS. I have seen the light. If you are on an exchange server the integration you get with WM5 IMO makes POS not even an option.
    If you are thinking of buying the Tytn, wait for the Cingular branded version. HTC is still having quality control issues with their branded phones (not sure about the other rebranded models). I bought a Tytn and the keyboard did not function properly.
    After the HTC quality issues that I had with my 8125 (5 units swapped out before #6 worked properly) I have a little hesitation in spending money on the TyTN and starting that process all over. i'll take a wait-and-see approach.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    YIKES!! That's too bad. I was going to get that phone until I made a huge leap of faith and decided on something else. I will probably try the TyTN when it comes out, though.

You have the SE W900, cool!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    does it have a t9 PHONE APP (like the treo?) - or is the only way via the keyboard? what a bore if thats true...

is there a third party phone app Out there?
    The W900 is loaned to me by Sony. I'm supposed to do some software development on it when I get some time.

I love the phone, but it's a bit on the large side (nearly the same size as the Treo, but thicker.) I sort of like the W800 form factor better, but i'm not complaining. the price is right.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    anyone know where I can physically buy the device in NYC?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    does it have a t9 PHONE APP (like the treo?) - or is the only way via the keyboard? what a bore if thats true...

is there a third party phone app Out there?
    i think it comes smart dialer...which is like t9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12