Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Link

Hard to tell how far along it is from the computer-generated pic. Nothing on whether it will have UMTS/HSDPA.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    It is really rather ugly lol.......... Interesting concept with the touch jog strip thingy nevertheless.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Yes, why so ugly!! Is this part of a non-compete agreement with Palm!!!

Surur
    So, everybody agrees that it is just another ugly phone?
    I prefer my own very slightly modified design - no skirt.

Surur
    Evidently HTC bought a few ugly pills from Blackberry.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    It's funny how just making the lines straight improves the look ten fold!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Also, it wasn't entirely clear from the linked article but I think it runs Junior WM5 = Smartphone rather than Grown Up WM5 = PPC.

Palm, Palm, wherefore art thou, Palm?
    Its definitely smartphone, you can see by the size of the icons. It does however have WIFI (but no 3G). If its small and durable I can imagine it could slip quite easily into one's pocket. Also the success of the Moto Q means the disadvantages of the smartphone platform (primarily lack of software) is rapidly being eroded.

Surur
    I don't like the look of that 5-way and buttons. Playing NES games on a Treo is taxing enough.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I prefer my own very slightly modified design - no skirt.
    You've hidden the love handles! Do we call you Trinny or Susannah?
    They took one step forward with the design of the StarTrek and then take 10 steps backward!
    Looks like a Blackberry after a couple of boxes of twinkies...

14.    #14  
    I wouldn't bet too heavily on the pic being exactly like the device that comes to market. In leaked-pic-land the HTC Trinity has gone from this:

to this:

and we've yet to see the real thing.

http://handhelds.engadget.com/2006/0...-the-pipeline/
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/01/h...nity-revealed/
    well that device seems like a let down from the beginning..namely it uses Windows Mobile smartphone edition *shudders*
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Yes, why so ugly!! Is this part of a non-compete agreement with Palm!!!

Surur
    Looks like a BB.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Looks aside the keyboard looks very functional!

...really cant say until I use it but from the picture it looks like it has a better keyboard than either my Q or 700w.

..it is about the size of the Samsung i320 from what they said in the article so if that's true it will be very portable/pocketable.

...i don't think anyone likes the way the BB's look but as far as functionality (for its intended purpose) it is definitely a nicely designed device. IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    well that device seems like a let down from the beginning..namely it uses Windows Mobile smartphone edition *shudders*
    Could be worse ... could be Garnet.
    Surur's modded version looks good. Not better to me though that the original.
    The buttons look like a dead ringer for the 700s buttons, just a bit closer together and not as much curve.

Hoestly, it would be nice if Palm did come out with a variation on this design, its Treo-enough of a look for them to pull it off.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Could be worse ... could be Garnet.
    oh dear god nooooooo!!!! no mommy no...make it stop lol

Actually Garnet is not all that bad....but it would be worse as you say...it could be a square 160x160 with 3k colours...hmmmm where i do remember seeing a device like that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast