Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #22  
    Oh dear, they made it and it really does look like that. I hope they hire Surur to redesign before it's released!

Actually from this picture, in real life it wont look so bad.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I prefer my own very slightly modified design - no skirt.

Surur

Surur,

Good job with lifting the "skirt"! But It's too bad the skirt looks like it will stay.
  4.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Actually from this picture, in real life it wont look so bad.
    I guess final judgement will have to wait, but I really don't think it looks any better than in the first pic.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Retro is in at the moment so they've made it look like a phone from the 80's
    A devcie w/o a touch screen a Treo Like device ?

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12355

The best information currently available on the Excalibur indicates that it will run Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone, which means it won't include a touch screen.

It will supposedly include a real innovation: a jog strip. Instead of pushing up and down on a jog wheel, users will run their finger up and down a touch-sensitive strip just to the right of the screen. Above and below this strip will be areas that can be touched to open the Start Menu and go Back.

This will reportedly be a quad-band GSM/GPRS device. Whether it will offer EDGE or a faster cellular-wireless networking standard is not yet known,

HTC has yet to officially announce the Excalibur, so a great deal of information about it remains unknown, like its processor speed, amount of internal storage, memory card type, and when it will be released.

Assuming this smartphone is real, it will able to compete head-to-head with similar models, like the Motorola Q, and Samsung i320.
  7.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    A devcie w/o a touch screen a Treo Like device ?

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12355
    It's like a Treo in many ways, but I'll grant you not in all. The one I most had in mind when I wrote the title was that there's a QWERTY keyboard on the front of the device. Although I really didn't think that hard about it at the time, I think I'd argue now (since you bring it up) that actually the permanently exposed QWERTY defines my Treo experience much more than having a touch-screen. Using most apps on the Treo I only tap the screen very rarely (if at all) and I think that for a user like me (who enters a fair bit of text) using the Excalibur would be a much more Treo-like experience than using a non-QWERTY smartphone or a device with a slide-out keyboard. A lot of this is one-handed vs two-handed use:

Treo and Excalibur: predominantly one-handed use.
    Keyboardless or slide-out device: lots of two-handed use.

The title was simply an attempt to alert anyone who might be interested that this is a thread about something that might reasonably be considered a Treo alternative. You can argue if you like for a rigid definiton of 'Treo-like' that has to include a touch-screen, but take a look at some of the Nokia E61 or Moto Q posts in this forum - lot's of people see these non-touch-screen devices as Treo alternatives.
  8.    #29  
    A bit more info and better quality pics:

http://geek.com/news/geeknews/2006Au...0817038083.htm
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Doesn't look as bad in those pictures, but you certainly wouldn't call it pretty
    I will be directly up against the Lennon/Hollywood with GSM, WiFi but Treo will have advantage of touchscreen and WM5 for PPC. From the pics Excalibur will have same landscape 320 x 240 screen seen in Q & i320 which is a bonus vs the Treo 240 x 240 screen.

Can't wait for release news on Sept 12, close to my birthday so hoping for birthday present news!

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    No 3G then what's the point? Waste of tme IMO. HSDPA is a must-have for my next device. I wish they's made a Moto Q with HSDPA, I might give it a try. Limiited as it may be, it has some attractive qualities.
    Also, I am very skeptical about this revoluntionary touch sensitive slider thingy on the side. I can't imagine that would work well.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Here's the o2 branded version, looks a lot better

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3292
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Here's the o2 branded version, looks a lot better

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3292

Hey, Better and Better Pics!
    HTC S620:
    http://www.europe.htc.com/products/htcs620.html
    Just call me Berd.
    It looks like a WM Blackberry! Yep, it's ugly. But if it's functional, people may still buy it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't mind the looks, but: no 3G, no sale. No touchscreen, no sale.
    I think WM Smartphone never has touchscreen, right?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I think WM Smartphone never has touchscreen, right?
    Every rule has an exception, and at least one OEM is planning on doing just that.

Surur
    Samsung or HTC? Or someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Samsung or HTC? Or someone else?
    Some-one else. Cant find the story any more (imagine trying to google smartphone and touch screen, all that comes up is complaints )

Edit: found it:

I just had too google interesting smartphone touchscreen.

This is pretty wild stuff. OKWAP has added touch screen support to Windows Mobile Smartphone OS. The K728 is a slider style phone that measures 93.5mm x 46mm x 24.5mm and weights in at 107.8g. Inside that small footprint is a Samsung 400MHz CPU (S3C2442A), 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM, Bluetooth 2.0, A2DP support, miniSD slot, a 2.0 Megapixel camera, and a tiny 176x220 touch screen. The phone is listed as a Tri-Band device, which means I don't think there's much chance of seeing on on this side of the pond anytime soon. Regardless, it's an interesting addition by OKWAP. I 'm excited to see what else they can do. In case you think the above picture is really a Pocket PC, you can find more pictures here and be sure to pay close attention to the screens. The K868 is a Pocket PC, but the K728 is a Smartphone - no question.
    http://smartphonethoughts.com/forums...12a8d2868e6421

Surur
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12