1.    #1  
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    same 'ol stuff - to each his own.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    The 6700 is a fine device for a city dweller who doesn't own a car and / or never has to use the devcie one handed.

For his particular interets (he mentioned slingbox, web browsing, must be slick looking), the 6700 is a good choice.....tho isn't PowerVision more than $15 a month ?
    Jack - I agree - I have always looked at it like this (as a Sprint customer):

Primarily want a phone that is a PDA = Treo
    Primarily want a PPC that can also be a phone = 6700

Yes, Powervision can be $15 - particularly for the 6700 which can not support Sprint PictureMail. PictMail adds the extra $5.
    Last edited by bubbatex; 07/30/2006 at 02:48 PM.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    No, PowerVision is $15 a month. $20 for PictureMail and SprintTV Plus, $25 for Picturemail and SprintTV Ultimate. However, The 6700 doesn't support Picturemail (although it can email pictures like any other smartphone) or SprintTV, so there's no need to pay more than $15 a month with the 6700.

Don't get me wrong. I'm neither anti-Treo nor anti-Palm. I just think that with the arrival of Motorola's Q, not to mention slicker Blackberrys, Nokia's E61 Communicator (due out in the United States this fall), and next-gen HTC devices, Palm is going to have to step it up with more innovative designs and features in its high-end models if it wants to avoid having users ditch their Treo 650s for something other than a new Treo.
    Word.
    Trevante - I agree with that statement too. I am a new Treo user since this past March. I love the device, but I am certainly excited about upcoming products. I was an early adapter of the Blackberry and would certainly consider one again. However, small updates like the 700p and the antenna-less GSM version coming this fall is not knocking anybody's socks off, IMO. But also for me - I am a Sprint customer and I have to take what they have!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The 6700 is a fine device for a city dweller who doesn't own a car and / or never has to use the devcie one handed.

For his particular interets (he mentioned slingbox, web browsing, must be slick looking), the 6700 is a good choice.....tho isn't PowerVision more than $15 a month ?
    Actually as a city dweller who takes the subway a lot, I love using the treo 1 handed in a crowded train as I hold on to a bar or a pole with the other hand.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    No, PowerVision is $15 a month. $20 for PictureMail and SprintTV Plus, $25 for Picturemail and SprintTV Ultimate. However, The 6700 doesn't support Picturemail (although it can email pictures like any other smartphone) or SprintTV, so there's no need to pay more than $15 a month with the 6700.
    Why was I remebering Vision was $15, PowerVision $20 on da Treo although some people used retentions or whatever to squeeze them down and get a special deal ?....ahh looks like Bubba explains above
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    Actually as a city dweller who takes the subway a lot, I love using the treo 1 handed in a crowded train as I hold on to a bar or a pole with the other hand.
    I am imagining the train full of straphangers all wearing things with blue LED's flashing in their ears and all talking away on phones in their shirt / jacket pockets and all the people on the other end saying "What....what's all that rumbling ? ... who are all those people I hear talking ?"

Next time I on the NYC subway I gonna get on phone, ride up and down the wall street lines and talk about some stock tips I got....."Hello Bill, this is Ed from Smith, Barney....just got word that the CEO of BigCheese Corporation is gonna be fired for embezzlement.....that stock's gonna tumble.....get out NOW !

I know it's illegal to profit on inside tips but what about crap I just made up ? After all it's not like I "published" the info or anything. And Smith Barney....that's my wife's Pie shop where we make pies and cakes for kids B'day parties....from Granny smith apples and with pictures of purple dinosaurs on them !
    You know its interesting to hear Treocentral users talk so much about cheap data from sprint (e.g. in reference to why WIFI is not needed) when Palm's recent 10-K showed Verizon sold twice as many Treos as Sprint (30 vs 15% of Palm's sales). In short, for most Treo users data is not cheap.

Surur
    I would guess that's due to some combination of the following:

1. Verizon's business sales
    2. Verizon having only and first Windows option sucking up long pent up demand.
    3. Verizon being 1st out the gate w/ EVDO
    4. Treo 700p going on sale just few weeks before end of fiscal year.

I note in previous year it was 11% Sprint / Verizon 9% / Cingular 11%
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    That article is very interesting...I gathered two things:

1. Cnet issues treos to their employees.

2. A guy who works for Cnet and hasn't upgraded his phone for 4 years finally upgrades and it is too much to handle. It would be like going from a calculator to a computer, you could explode.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I am imagining the train full of straphangers all wearing things with blue LED's flashing in their ears and all talking away on phones in their shirt / jacket pockets and all the people on the other end saying "What....what's all that rumbling ? ... who are all those people I hear talking ?"

Next time I on the NYC subway I gonna get on phone, ride up and down the wall street lines and talk about some stock tips I got....."Hello Bill, this is Ed from Smith, Barney....just got word that the CEO of BigCheese Corporation is gonna be fired for embezzlement.....that stock's gonna tumble.....get out NOW !

I know it's illegal to profit on inside tips but what about crap I just made up ? After all it's not like I "published" the info or anything. And Smith Barney....that's my wife's Pie shop where we make pies and cakes for kids B'day parties....from Granny smith apples and with pictures of purple dinosaurs on them !
    Cell phones don't work on trains here in NYC... At least not yet. They said they were looking to change that soon... Only above ground trains... and when that happens you see everyone reach for their cell as soon as they see daylight...
    Why was I remebering Vision was $15, PowerVision $20 on da Treo although some people used retentions or whatever to squeeze them down and get a special deal ?....ahh looks like Bubba explains above
    The 700p supports PowerVision (Ev-DO) and Picturemail, so it's $20 if you want to use picturemail. You can exclude Picturemail if you want on the Treo, and just pay $15.

The 650 supports Vision (1xRTT) and Picturemail, so it's $15 if you want picturemail.
    Last edited by Trevante; 07/30/2006 at 06:38 PM.