1.    #1  
    Palm announced a $100 rebate on the $399 VIIx. I had a VIIx for awhile (gave it away...etc...you may know the story behind this ) and even though i mostly ran PQA apps, i loved it!

I think this rebate is setting up further announcements...it's a given that the M505 will be announced and available in March (along with the M300 series?) however, i think they'll announce the VIIx replacement and stating that it will go on sale later this year.

Should be interesting....i just thought it was neat that i could buy a VIIx and be wireless for $299 right now.

just sharing.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    I like the concept of PQA's and wireless email, and while i like the Palm7x idea, the implementation well... sucks. The unit is huge bulky and the screen sucks. I'd like too see palm.net be spun off of the main body of palm and offer wireless service to all palms (and handhelds): palm 7 service in PC or CF card form (economy wireless); CDPD for all handhelds, and Richochet for who ever wants to pay for it.

sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
  3.    #3  
    i agree, the VIIx form factor is brutal compared to the stuff out right now. but i the idea of having a wireless PDA for $299 is tempting. I think Palm will be unvieling the replacement along with the M505, etc. much cooler form factors to come!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    ...I had a VIIx for awhile (gave it away...etc...you may know the story behind this )...
    Actually I don't. But you've piqued my interest.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Hmmm. I was sort of interested until I hopped over to Palm.com to find that the $100 "rebate" is a credit off of the service, which kicks in after the third month. Since Palm's Unlimited Plan (the only attractive plan for me) is $44.95/mo. and the setup fee is $9.95, what's really being offered is two months of free service.

The big drawback with the Palm VII series for me has always been the service plan. If Palm could offer unlimited wireless access for $20 a month, I'd be all over it.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

Actually I don't. But you've piqued my interest.
    I won a VIIx last october at a conference with a leather carrying case and writerights. i used it for about 2 months an thought it was SO COOL! however, i couldn't justify it as my current career didn't really need me to have wireless access and my lifestyle (because of my current career) means i'm home more often than not when not at work! So to have wireless access for the occasional weekend trips shopping and stuff was not worth it (i love the technology but would prefer to see it being used...)

so i gave my VIIx to my future father in-law. he travels A LOT and is always in airports. he had a IIIe and this just upgraded him in memory and access 10 fold! he's using it everyday and i'm happy that the technology is being used the way it was intended. Scored some points too! shhh!
    I'd like to revise my ultimite wireless solution, a RIM pcmcia modem that is compatible with my iPAQ

sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    http://www.harmonycomputers.com has them for $179 now. That is tempting. Anyone?
    Originally posted by patwoods
    http://www.harmonycomputers.com has them for $179 now. That is tempting. Anyone?
    Looks like an inventory clearance in anticipation of SkyWalker. See here:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=1933