Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I seem to be getting along ok without the 1GB ram, but the all black case is tempting. I was also thinking of doing a hard drive upgrade to 60GB to the 180p. I really am not seeing enough to make me change though form the 180 to a 280.
    It takes me forever to do a virus scan. Whenever I do one it makes me wish I had the 1 gb.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual View Post
    Honestly , I love this device , but lately the fingers and eyes are getting some work .
    These mini tablets do not have built in keyboard , but on screen keyboard and stylus would be esay on fingers . These two devices are about 1/2 the cost as well.
    Yeah some of the umpcs look nice, but none of them have the resolution of the UX. Before you consider getting one, I'd suggest bringing your UX to a store and doing a side by side comparison. What you gain in screen size might not be worth the loss of clarity. But hey, if money isn't a critical issue, the umpcs are cheap enough to just add it you toy set. I for one will NOT be doing incremental treo updates anymore. I will keep my 700 P a good long while. If anything, I would upgrade my UX, but I am trying hard not to do that. I'd like to sit out a couple of upgrade cycles if I can resist. However I do keep trying to light a fire under my son'd feet to get interested in my UX so by givinf it to him I could justify getting the 280 P (In weak moments I do think about it).
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    No my eyes seem to be just fine, I have got 20/10 vision, so I am sure that helps. But what does get bothersome is my right palm from holding it upright.

Neither of those alternatives you listed have a keyboard do they?
    It is worse with the extended battery. Do you use one? It adds some real heft.
    UX has stopped my unresistable desire to explore new smartphones .
    I have to agree. The only debates in my mind are whether to upgrade my UX now or later. Still got my treo, but no thought of upgrading it for a long time there.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747 View Post
    I have to agree. The only debates in my mind are whether to upgrade my UX now or later. Still got my treo, but no thought of upgrading it for a long time there.
    Honestly ,
    I would wait for upgrading this thing . A 30 gb flash with 1 gb ram would be something more attractive than the current upgrade.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Honestly ,
    I would wait for upgrading this thing . A 30 gb flash with 1 gb ram would be something more attractive than the current upgrade.
    Yeah it's funny that there has been no talk about un upgrade to the flash model. You think that's coming this year? I am VERY dissappointed with edge service. I am going to upgrade my merlin s620 wireless card to the new u720 (usb Rev A compatible modem card) when it comes out next month and bite the bullet and break my cingualr contract. Edge is so slow that i can't use it. Not needing the sim card makes upgrading to a flash model a lot more attractive. But I have heard no buzz about new flash models....and the flash was never released here in the US anyway. I would really like if the ugraded flash were an official US release.
  7.    #127  
    Good question.
    Not sure about US release, but the flash drives are getting bigger. There is a samsung Q1 with 30 gb flash .
    Dynamism.com is your best bet , if there is a next upgrade with flash drive.
    Wifi at my work place has not been that impressive . There are signal issues with my UX. Intrestingly my E61 is better in picking up wifi signals.
    And those popups when you turn the machine on are very annoying specially for someone coming from a Mac background.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Honestly ,
    I took what you said to heart and pulled back from getting the 280. Then the UX90ss/32gb/1gb ram was announced. This are the same specs we are both talking about here. It is what I wanted and what you suggested as well.

Of course it is pricey. But I was surprised by youx's reaction over at micropctalk.

I mean nothing really exciting is happening in the world of treos for me anymore. I will not upgrade my 700p for a long time. In fact, I don't see a reason to. I have a UX and will have a better UX soon. I mostly use my treo now for email, as a phone, and for PIM stuff. The treo specs do that well enough. Any other needs (and future needs) I have/will have can be met by the UX.

What is really attractive to me now about the treo is the instant on and the great keyboard. The UX has neither of those. So far then, no one device does it all for me. But I am getting pretty damn close.

I loved my jornada 720. it had Handheld PC 2000 for an OS and was instant on. I wish MS had further developed that OS. I wish the UX had an instant on OS and a better keyboard.

The convergence isn't quite there yet. But the new UX90/32gb,ss/1gb ram is getting pretty d*mn close.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567