Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 128
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    What are you using your fingers or thumb to type on your treo.
    BTW , got my unit today .
    Screen is just gorgeous , no pda or smartphones can match .Very very fast .
    Getting used to keyboard . The mouse is slightly painful . Overall a fantastic device . I think it will do a lot from me at work place.
    6th portable computer in my house .
    I recommend seeing one in person to believe .

    I use a an HTC Apache, but when I have some serious typing I use my PC or my BT Keyboard.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    The problem with Sony is thay they always come out with newer models. I have a love/hate relationship with them. As soon as you get something, a newer & better one comes along! (but i do prefer that to palm's ice age frozen slow ugrade increments). All that is to say I am envious of your flash drive! How is the unit now? You have had it awhile. Did you get the optical drive? I am waiting on mine. Should be here by next Friday. Then I can load up some software I need on my UX 180. Well, I may updgrade when the flash drive gets bigger and cheaper....say 60 gb of flash memory. that will be fantastic. And hopefully tablet edition windows. I saw a video comparingthe boot upime of yours a mine. Yours could up shut down and fureboot in the time it took for my ux 18 to just boot. There is a lot to be said for the flash drive concept. Enjoy it. (the one saving grace so far is all the accesories are compatible. So if if a bigger and cheaper flash drive later comes out, i will still be able to use the accessories).
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    The problem with Sony is thay they always come out with newer models. I have a love/hate relationship with them. As soon as you get something, a newer & better one comes along! (but i do prefer that to palm's ice age frozen slow ugrade increments). All that is to say I am envious of your flash drive! How is the unit now? You have had it awhile. Did you get the optical drive? I am waiting on mine. Should be here by next Friday. Then I can load up some software I need on my UX 180. Well, I may updgrade when the flash drive gets bigger and cheaper....say 60 gb of flash memory. that will be fantastic. And hopefully tablet edition windows. I saw a video comparingthe boot upime of yours a mine. Yours could up shut down and fureboot in the time it took for my ux 18 to just boot. There is a lot to be said for the flash drive concept. Enjoy it. (the one saving grace so far is all the accesories are compatible. So if if a bigger and cheaper flash drive later comes out, i will still be able to use the accessories).
    Thanks ,
    I am in love with this one . It is really fast. I showed it people at my work place . They are not that gadget geek like me . They like it but the price just brings there enthusiasm down . I am getting used to the keyboard.
    I have an old external dvd /cd drive . I will be using that for now. I try to minimize accessory purchase, unless it is an absolute necessity . That 's where you can save money and keep for the next gadget. So far, I have bought a 4 gb memory stick duo pro (100 BUCKS ) great deal on buy.com.I am waiting to buy a 8gb CF card. As these cards go up in capacity( 15 gb in few yrs) , i will have the option of upgrading the memory.
    I have only downloaded firefox & itunes. I am going to download office 2003 professional editions ,endnote, file maker pro and few others.
    A good case is desperately needed. The ones from xigma and others do not look that great .
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Thanks ,
    A good case is desperately needed. The ones from xigma and others do not look that great .
    The xigma one has the advantage of also being a stand. The ux 180 doesn't come with a stand clip that I think you got with yours. Does your external drive work with the ux? there has been talk that many don't work...
    We all need cases. The xigma seems to be the best so far. Give me a heads up if you see anything better. Regarding accessories, yeah you're right. But the great thing about the UX series thus far is that all units share the same accessories. Palm for years changed their connector evey time it seemed they made a new model. Hopefully the treo will keep the same form for awhile. My younger son is already after my ux. Once they make a 30 gb model I may go for that and pass this one on to junior. Damn, I wish I was my own dad....I'd love to get my "hand me downs."
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  6. #86  
    I made a post under the CDMA forum here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121620 about a new usb modem which will be available on the sprint nettwork and works with powervision (evdo). This could be a godsend for users of the UX series. Including the UX 90. All UX computers have usb ports. I currently have a PC card modem (with sprint powevsion) that, obviously, only works in PC card slots. This new modem is so much better. Here you will have a single usb modem that you can attach to any pc you own that has a usb port (and is there any windows pc running xp that doesn't have at least one usb port?). I just thought you'd like to know.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    I made a post under the CDMA forum here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121620 about a new usb modem which will be available on the sprint nettwork and works with powervision (evdo). This could be a godsend for users of the UX series. Including the UX 90. All UX computers have usb ports. I currently have a PC card modem (with sprint powevsion) that, obviously, only works in PC card slots. This new modem is so much better. Here you will have a single usb modem that you can attach to any pc you own that has a usb port (and is there any windows pc running xp that doesn't have at least one usb port?). I just thought you'd like to know.
    Thanks ,
    That is very helpful.
    I was not happy with not having the cingular LAN in ux 90.
    That's way better . I hope sprint won't charge ridiculous monthly fees .
    This will make UX a really attractive device, not to speak of umpc's.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Thanks ,
    That is very helpful.
    I was not happy with not having the cingular LAN in ux 90.
    That's way better . I hope sprint won't charge ridiculous monthly fees .
    This will make UX a really attractive device, not to speak of umpc's.
    They have metered plans but the unlimted is the same as Cingualr $80 before a dsicount. You can aplly one discount. In my casr I qualify for 2: either a diso**** because of my treo with sprint (which i am keeping. I got my wife and kid with sprint too. 3 treos.). Otherwise I get an employee discount of 25% with Sprint. Either way, I get it for $59. now what make syou and me different is that i use several devices. I alrady have the Sprint broadband. I was gonna pay EXTRA for Cingular. So this is gravey for me. I get my $59 worth from sprint. I use that card at wor, at home, and now with a new usb modem, I will use it in between with my ux 180...
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  9. #89  
    I do hope they become more poplular. the price point is a problem for a lot of people though. But the more popular they are, the better chance I have to see a nice upgrade to a flash drive with 30 gb.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBud
    Hi Southbound, have you had a chance to try using your Treo as a modem via DUN with the UX180? I've got the UX180 also and have been trying to use this setup but the UX just can't connect to the Treo. I'd be curious to see if you have any problem doing this. I've also tried PDANet via Bluetooth with no luck. I've downloaded the hack for DUN on the Treo and this doesn't work either. I've double checked all the settings, (user name, password, etc.).

    I was able to go thru the detection process on the UX and it detected the DUN on the Treo and was able to setup the modem on Com port 40 with no problems. It just will not connect when it comes time to connect.

    I'll probably pop my Treo SIM into the UX and use it that way. I just hate having to unscrew the SIM cover.

    TreoBud
    I found some info that may help you. See this post: http://www.micropctalk.com/forums/sh...=1811#post1811
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  11. #91  
    So Met, are you typing all of your posts with that thumb-board now? Are you getting fast with it? Can you do a WAM test? I am curious how fast someone can get.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13
    So Met, are you typing all of your posts with that thumb-board now? Are you getting fast with it? Can you do a WAM test? I am curious how fast someone can get.
    No Vaio UX keyboard is a disappointment like others.I m agetting used to it .Its painful to the thumbs as the keyboard is basically thumb based.
    Micro PC talk .com has a thread comparing typing speed , which wasn't a lot different than other keyboard after getting used to it.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  13. #93  
    Ritepen is a great app. See here: http://www.evernote.com/en/products/ritepen/

    It allows you to write anywhere on the screen and have your handwriting converted to text. Much better than keyboard when you are able to do it. Check it out.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  14.    #94  
    Still getting used to the keyboard . I never was a fan of graffiti even from old plam days . This was one of the big reasons , i never liked PPC for a long time .
    Evernote trial version was installed on my unit .
    It is not very convenient to use stylus on this unit. I would still continue practicing keyboard .
    BTW , I am very pleased with this device . I have access to all my work place databases including images , which is great . To be able ot pull out record & CT & MRI images in conferences is superb. I am getting my colleagues more excited about this device .The only minor problem is the fact , the window size for my work place intranet is small. I have difficulty in resizing it ot full screen despite all the little tricks i tried . I am going to talk to IT people on monday to fix that .
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  15. AnyUser's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #95  
    I'm going to get a ux soon. will it be 3g or umts compatable?
    Last edited by AnyUser; 08/15/2006 at 07:41 PM.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnyUser
    I'm going to get a ux soon. will it be 3g or umts compatable?
    The UX 180 in the USA comes with a sim card from cingular for their edge service. It is possible to unlock the phone and then use a t-mobile sim card instead. You can also use the new usb sprint evdo modem from franklin. So you have some options.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    ...
    Micro PC talk .com has a thread comparing typing speed , which wasn't a lot different than other keyboard after getting used to it.
    Can you find that thread?
  18. #98  
    Did Mtreosexual quit posting here? Maybe he quit posting becasue that keyboard is a pain... Just so you know MT, I bought a UX180 and I love it.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Did Mtreosexual quit posting here? Maybe he quit posting becasue that keyboard is a pain... Just so you know MT, I bought a UX180 and I love it.
    Yo Yo Yo ..
    Still rocking with my UX 90 with flash drive.
    I am glad you bought one.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual View Post
    Yo Yo Yo ..
    Still rocking with my UX 90 with flash drive.
    I am glad you bought one.
    Best computer ever. Only thing that I have noticed from people who have had some negitive stuff to say about it is that they are confused as to this thing being a PDA or a laptop.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions