Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    i could care less what pcmag has to say, they're a pc mag to begin with, a pda is hardly a pc. they're no more professional or all knowing than some of us and theirs is just another opinion (reminds me of WSJ's mossburg...barf). what i didn't know is that the Treo is the only device that one can close a deal on. why i come here to Treo Central to find these kinds of things out.
    I wouldn't depend on one article, nor would I quote 22 of them....but when every mag says the same thing, I start to give it some weight.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=114560
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I wouldn't depend on one article, nor would I quote 22 of them....but when every mag says the same thing, I start to give it some weight.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=114560

great, give it some weight, and have fun owning your devices given what they and the rest of them say.

i will make up my own mind.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I like my Q, it does everything that I need for the time. I miss my Treo, and I miss TreoCentral as a place to come for info, but my Q is holding up well. I only have two very small complaints and neither of them have to do with how the device works. First I have some wear on the little feet on the back top of the phone, and two I have dust under my screen, but I think that is more of an overall motorola problem than a Q problem. I had the 700w and I liked the phone I liked what it did, and how it did it, but the memory just drove me through the roof, I wanted to listen to xm and browse the web, it would only keep one or the other open not both. The other thing that drove me to the Q was call quality and bluetooth quality. On the Q the bluetooth is great, I stream to my head set when I listen to XM, and I have no problem during a call hearing people or them hearing me, I hardly if ever have to repeat myself, and usually any issues are on the other persons end not mine.

I am not a power user, though I was. I used my Treo for everything, but when it came down to it, I asked myself what I really need. I wanted to browse the web, Q does that fine, I wanted to get email with exchange, Q does that fine, I wanted to read ebooks, The Q has MobiPocket and eReader, I wanted to stream XM and use ORB, the Q does that fine. I wanted a keyboard for txting, once again the Q is fine. I don't notice any slow downs and only rarely do I see missed characters as I type, more my fault than the Q, and like I said call quality was super important, Q is excellent. Though I would love to go back to a Treo, I want to wait till the next series of Verizon Treo's with Windows Mobile come out, and see if they do any better, ie more memory and bettery call quality. Then I might come back, till then I have my Q, I recommended Q and will continue to do so.....

I had to come back and edit this after a few weeks or months with my Q, as much as I liked the design and shape and all that, it just wasn't durable. I actually went into a VZW store for another exchange on my Q, would have been like my 3rd or 4th Q and they offered to give me another device, of course I took a Treo. I actually went back to a 700w and I can't believe I ever left. I feel the strain on the memory issues, and honestly I decided not to junk it up with programs, I just installed what I need and its been solid and runs very smooth. The biggest difference for me has been the fact that the Treo just feels more solid and reliable. A fact that I should have remembered and never left. Maybe the next Q that comes out will fix its flaws, but I have happily gone back to a 700w, and my remarks about the Q should be stricken from exsistance!

Thanks
    Last edited by iramike; 11/10/2006 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Change in opinion!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    What Iramike said. The Q is a superior phone to the Treo (in both reception and voice quality) and about 80% of the PDA. Plus, it multi-tasks better than the 700W due to the larger memory footprint.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    LMAO! Here they come again....back from the dead...the invasion of the Q snatchers. Look all, there ARE those of us who know how to utilize the 700W to the best of it's ability and love the phone. Why must you feel like yuo must post here and tell US that your Q is better than the 700W? You don't have to continue to try to convince us that your Q is "better" than the 700W. If you feel that the Q is "better" than the 700W more power to you!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am not here "Q Snatching" I am just stating my opinion. Some people want to know the difference and they want an honest un-biased opinion. I would actually love to go back to the PalmOS, I have thought about getting a P, but the only thing stopping me is money! For someone people the Q is a perfect device, it does PDA features and its cheap. I was really dissapointed in my 700w's call quality and bluetooth quality. I know some people say its good, and some people say its better than this phone or that. I just wasn't happy. I like my Q for its call quality and bluetooth.

I have a upgrade coming in Nov, and I honestly think I might use it for a 700p and switch back and forth between the 2. I wasn't trying to start a war between the two device camps, I just wanted to give an opinion
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Look all, there ARE those of us who know how to utilize the 700W to the best of it's ability and love the phone.
    TRANSLATION: "We have learned to live within the absurdly small memory limitation arbitrarily imposed on us by Palm."
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Why must you feel like yuo must post here and tell US that your Q is better than the 700W?
    More accurately, the Q is better than my 700W. It probably isn't better than the 700WX.

Isn't this forum the "Other Handhelds" forum? Isn't this thread titled "Motorola Q IMPRESSIVE kicks 700w's ****?" Were we not supposed to mention the Motorola Q in this thread? Is there no room for comparison? Shouldn't individuals owning both phones have some observations to add? Is there some hidden TreoCentral agenda I'm missing? Hmmm...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    TOUCH SCREEN !

I rest my case
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    TOUCH SCREEN !

I rest my case

That was one of the big reasons I got a Q, I was tired of having to use the touch screen, my old 650, I never took the stylus out, and the 700w for a WM device was good but I still had to use the stylus, since there is no touch screen on the Q, well I never have to worry about using or leaving a stylus somewhere again!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

I had a Q and used it for 4 days before i ditched it...just not as easy to use as a Treo
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Are the Treo owners that actually go to Motorola Q, Blackberry......etc forums and rave about how their treo's are much better than their Q's,.....smartphones? It just strikes me as odd that a Q, Blackberry...etc owner would be on "Treocentral" telling us how much their device is better than ours.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am here cause I miss this community as a destination when I am on the web. When I had a Treo I was on TC about once every hour, looking for new info or someone that did something exciting with their Treo. There is Q-Users for people that have the Q but it doesn't have the following that TC does. If I ever go back to a Treo, this will be the first place that I go!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    It just strikes me as odd that a Q, Blackberry...etc owner would be on "Treocentral" telling us how much their device is better than ours.
    Check out my join date there "new guy." I pass through a lot of forums like this one - and having owned 7 models of Treos (180, 270, 300, 600, 650, 700W, 700p) sort of keeps me involved in the community.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    My first smartphone was the Q and I hated it!! I missed Palm OS and went to the TReo 700P and am much, much happier.

Love live PALM
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    It just strikes me as odd that a Q, Blackberry...etc owner would be on "Treocentral" telling us how much their device is better than ours.
    It's because this part of the forum is called 'Other Handhelds'. We are supposed to be discussing smartphones other than the Treo, it's kind of the point. Nothing wrong with it.

I find this area useful because I'm a 650 owner who is less than impressed with Palm's latest models and looking for something all-singing, all-dancing to replace it in a few months' time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    It's because this part of the forum is called 'Other Handhelds'. We are supposed to be discussing smartphones other than the Treo, it's kind of the point. Nothing wrong with it.

I find this area useful because I'm a 650 owner who is less than impressed with Palm's latest models and looking for something all-singing, all-dancing to replace it in a few months' time.
    Same here......waiting for the Sprint Q or T Mobile Dash.
    I own and use a 650.
    I own and use a blackberry 7103e.

The blackberry 7103e has taught me 2 things. qwerty KB and touch screens are best. I was looking at the dash, but the smartphone os. uhg.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'm new to this forum but have used a 650 with Good for over a year. After reading about the Q I thought I would post. I recently upgraded my wife's phone so she had access to her Exchange mail and went with the Q due to the price and she thought it was "cute".
    After 3 days it's back and I got her a 700P. The phone wouldn't wake up after the screen goes dark, calls went straight to voice mail, and had to pull the battery 14 times the other day to keep it active.
    The cheap feel to the Q also was a concern since she has the "purse from hell" carrying who knows what in it.
    The 700P is much better in my opinion than my 650 but I might look at the W or the 6700 when I upgrade since activesync would save money over Good each month.
    that's too bad.....mine never did that. the Q was an enjoyable experience for me but I opted for a Pearl instead.

have fun
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Check out my join date there "new guy." I pass through a lot of forums like this one - and having owned 7 models of Treos (180, 270, 300, 600, 650, 700W, 700p) sort of keeps me involved in the community.
    I wouldnt say a join date of 2003 is old and I was not saying you shouldnt be involved in the community. So, carry on.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast