Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    12% of the US laptop market. With the laptop market being about half of the PC market, they increased their US market share to 4.8% from 4.4%. (WOW!! Maybe its because they can run Windows now!) Their worldwide market share did not even hit the radar, at something less that 3.7% (who knows how much less, they were in the "other" category).

Surur
    Actually laptops outsold desktops last year.

And Toyota outsold Porsche, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Ferrari and BMW combined. I guess the Corolla is the world's best car ! People buy Macs when they are willing to pay additional $$$ for something better.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/...tfg,tfg,00.asp

"With a score of 81, Apple's customers are the most satisfied of any other PC vendor measured in this index. Apple's success comes from a focus on innovation and improving tech support, Fornell says. Just about every other PC vendor received technical support scores that were less than the scores they received for the quality of their products, but Apple was the only company that received high marks for both quality and support, he says.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 07/23/2006 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'd like to see an article entitled "Everyone's RETURNING Windows...". I danced with the 6700 devil twice the past year and just can't stomach WM5. I returned the first one and am now hoping to find someone who would rather dance with the Devil and trade a 700P for my 6700. That, or it's going to e-bay.

I like WM5 as a PDA. As long as your a geek and love to click-click-tap-tap WM5 is fine. It's like the old Mac vs PC article...if you want to tinker with a computer you buy a PC...if you actually want to get something done you buy a Mac.
    Hey Haggar.....see if this helps you at all:

WM Easy of Use / One Hand Tips Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Sadly I agree on the assessment of PalmOS--nice, easy, and at a dead end.
    I agree as well. If we look at the release of WM at the time the last Palm OS came out....POS is clearly the winners hands down. But since then WM has had 2 or 3 major upgrades with significant advances while POS is still the same. I think unless POS finally stops cancelling the releases of their POS upgrades and actually releases one, the customer base is going to continue to shrink to include mostly those with loyality to POS vs growing with a new costumer base. This is nothing more than MHO from seeing trends within my contacts professionally and personally.

Blackberry still has a strong corp base, but with all the legal uncertainities over the last 2 years I know of a LOT of corps have refused or at best delayed signing new contracts on the RIM. This I think has helped a lot with the WM over the last year as well.

I think it is a combination of advances of WM vs the competition along with negative consequences of the future or RIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Actually laptops outsold desktops last year.

And Toyota outsold Porsche, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Ferrari and BMW combined. I guess the Corolla is the world's best car ! People buy Macs when they are willing to pay additional $$$ for something better.
    Jack, while definitely I agree with the thrust of what you're saying (the quality of the experience when you sit down at your computer or get behind the wheel of your car is far from completely dependent on market share), it's worth noting that Macs are much more competitively priced than they used to be. When I bought the MacBook I'm typing this on, I had a bit of a look around at PC laptops (out of curiosity really - there's no way I'm going back to Windows anytime soon). There really wasn't a PC with the similar specs at a comparable price.

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    "With a score of 81, Apple's customers are the most satisfied of any other PC vendor measured in this index. Apple's success comes from a focus on innovation and improving tech support, Fornell says.
    It's impossible to be sure, but perhaps this reflects the fact that Apple isn't the dominant player and they're forced to be more innovative and provide a better experience. If the OSX/XP market shares were reversed I wonder if we wouldn't have seen Vista some time ago. It's notable that PPC/Windows Mobile (a minority player) has received meaningful updates much more frequently than XP.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Hey Haggar.....see if this helps you at all:

WM Easy of Use / One Hand Tips Thread

I've tried it all...thanks, but you're too late. Ebayed it last night. Did a "Buy It Now" at $350 and it was gone in 20 minutes. Because of my Sprint retentions aquisition of it, it only cost me $50. So...that's a nice return on investment. And that's about the only truly positive thing I can say about the beast.

I'm PPC-less! I am SOOOO happy.
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'm PPC-less! I am SOOOO happy.
    Misguided Bliss is better than no happiness at all!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12