Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    hi
    On my friend's sprint 6700 I saw that the browser doesn't configure web pages to the screen.....lots of horizontal scrolling etc.... it SUCKS..
    Do all W5 systems do that?
    Is there a way to fix it.
    I was thinking of jumping to the Nokia E61..... but not if that's the case.
    Any insight'd be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Your friend sucks.

Surur
    Rock, here's some plain-spoken insight: First: It has to do with the site and then the respective browsers more than the device and the OS. Some sites are mobile-device friendly and are "down-sized" automatically. To compare, visit the same sites on different devices. From my experience, vertical scrolling is common; horizontal is not. Frames are especially annoying on our toys -or tools, for the more serious. If you find you need to visit a non-friendly site regularly (I do), you'll want to consider getting a device such as my MDA which has the inverted-T scrolling keys like on your real computer, and/or a good directional pad. Second: the E61 runs Symbian, not WM5 anyway. Good luck and take your time deciding.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I don't have a problem with horizontal scrolling. Sounds like your friend has IE setup poorly. There are 3 modes for PIE. One column, default and desktop. I like default. Much better browsing experience on this than my Treo 650. As mention earlier Nokia uses Symbian. COMPLETELY different OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Your friend sucks.

Surur

Very nicely stated.

Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Your friend sucks.

Surur
    Sometimes it is hard to know what Surur's opinion really is.
    I love the one liner comments
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Short, to the point, and supported by the picture (worth ~1,000 words) showing just how ignorant the OP's (sucky) friend really is.