1.    #1  
    or do they simply "want them." who here thinks that most people could do with a Q but have to have a Treo to prove something else?
    Could be right, could be wrong. I am actually thinking of the E61, or Samsungs i320...I like the both of them. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my 700p for now, but the latter phones are options I think I would have been just as happy with or even happier. My next smartphone could possibly be one of those two if not any other in the future when I beat this 700 down.
    at&t iPhone3G
    For me at least...I like the form factor much better than the Q.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I could probably make do with the Q. But I just like the Treo better. I like the touchscreen. I like the OS better. I like how it feels in my hand better. What do you prove with the Treo? That you're a geek?
    Taking the argument further, we could all do with just one phone.

I just mean to say people need choices and have very different needs...
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    or do they simply "want them." who here thinks that most people could do with a Q but have to have a Treo to prove something else?

I followed that line of thinking and got a 6700 a few months ago. I came back, needless to say. I NEED Chatter, SplashMoney, speedy Xiino, and a ton of other 'little apps' like Wassdat and MacroPlay that others OSs just don't have an answer to (IMO for my needs)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    We could all step back to the days of the pay phone booth and pen/pencil/paper for everything else. No thanks. Ben
    Heck, most people don't even NEED a cell phone. We all buy things for our own reasons, and I've got more important things to do than worry about why someone else bought (or didn't) a Treo.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I have been using the Treo since the 300. I've gotten very comfortable with the certain applications, and since then I have been using certain Palm applications which I just don't feel like downloading and testing with any other device. So to answer your question: No I don't need it, I'm just incredibly lazy.