Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Okay...this should PROBABLY go in a different section at TC -- but I wanted to make this known in an area where there's been a lot of 700P vs. 6700 talk.

I've given my Sprint PPC-6700 a good month and a half. I hate it. I absolutely hate it.

If there's anyone out there feeling the same way about a Sprint 700P and would really rather have a PPC-6700...I'm willing to trade with you.

We PDA/Phone users tend to be very polar. I guess I'm a staunch Palm OS guy and I just don't like the phone interface of the PPC-6700.

If anyone is interested (or knows someone who is interested) in this kind of arrangement please PM me.

In an effort to actually make this a "real" thread, I'd also like to throw out a simple question. Is trading a 700P for a PPC-6700 really an even-up trade? Does anyone have thoughts on which one is truly "worth" more?
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    Hmmm...I am guessing that the value is pretty close. Maybe the edge goes to the 6700?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Well I just sent my 700p back to palm yesterday and am back on my 6700 now and I feel the 6700 is a better device and then of course worth more. So in an attempt to collaborate in making this a real thread I'd say the person with the 700p should give you an extra 50 bucks to get your 6700
    MSRP is what $649 for the 700p versus $599 for the 6700

Sprint seels the 700p for $399 versus $299 for the 6700

Amazon has a special on the700p ($250 0ff + $150 in rebates) for $249 versus $449 ($0 off + $150) in rebates for the 6700
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I have a brand new - well, they are all brand new at this point! - 700p that I do not like. I went back to my 8125 and can't believe the difference. A great phone/pda. Anyone interested the 700p
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I feel that for that much the 700p should atleast come with a cradle, carrying case and an extra stylus as the 6700 does. Is it to much to ask?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I feel that for that much the 700p should atleast come with a cradle, carrying case and an extra stylus as the 6700 does. Is it to much to ask?
    I'd totally agree with that. However, the cradle that comes with the 6700 is, IMHO, worthless. I won't use it -- I'm afraid it's going to WRECK the mini-USB port on the phone some day.

The headphones that came with the 6700 were pretty nice, too.

Overall, I think the entire experience with the 6700 his great...until you boot it up and try to use the phone for several hours a day in a variety of locations and situations. Even with Voice Command installed its still a pain in the arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'd totally agree with that. However, the cradle that comes with the 6700 is, IMHO, worthless. I won't use it -- I'm afraid it's going to WRECK the mini-USB port on the phone some day.

The headphones that came with the 6700 were pretty nice, too.

Overall, I think the entire experience with the 6700 his great...until you boot it up and try to use the phone for several hours a day in a variety of locations and situations. Even with Voice Command installed its still a pain in the arse.
    and you yet to complain about the slideout!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    and you yet to complain about the slideout!
    Huh? I don't think I've ever complained about the slideout. You must have me confused with someone else.

There are 2 minor annoyances I have with the slideout: A) The backlight isn't very bright when using it at night (I think most agree with this) and B) it's very difficult to use the keyboard one handed like the Treo. Given the form factor, I accept the slide out...

That said...I do prefer not having to slide out the keyboard...especially since I use the keyboard to dial instead of the screen (when using a treo).
    that's what i was saying you didn't even touch on the slideout in your original post, i was surprised.....it's the one thing that keeps me from owning a ppc....if you have to email/text regularly, forget about it.

700 over a 6700 for me anyday. having said that, i don't miss my 700w one bit. Q works for me.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    that's what i was saying you didn't even touch on the slideout in your original post, i was surprised.....it's the one thing that keeps me from owning a ppc....if you have to email/text regularly, forget about it.

700 over a 6700 for me anyday. having said that, i don't miss my 700w one bit. Q works for me.
    Well...the reason there are so many different choices out there is because different products appeal to people in different ways.

I do a fair amount of e-mail and text and I found the slide out wasn't problem in that case because I generally was "spending time" on my PDA at that point. I made a point of sliding out the keyboard and chatting...or shooting of my e-mail.

The slide out is a bit bothersome at times because I got so used to using "hotkeys" on my 650. To load any of my frequently used programs I mapped a hotkey so I'd simply press and hold the "P" for pocket tunes. And to dial my dad I just held down the "D" key and it dialed. Can't do that with a slideout keyboard very well. But I now use VoiceCommand for those features instead. I don't like talking to my PDA, but it's better than sliding out the keyboard!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Agreed each device has its pros and positives over one another. I honestly cannot sit and type a long conversation on a Treo - No sir. On the other hand on the 6700 it seems easier to do. The Treo to me has the best form factor by far but I still cannot go backwards when both the 700P and 700W have its share of issues.

700w - lack of memory, no wifi and low screen resolution.
    700p - Palm OS. Enuff said! Is anyone still making apps that are supported by Palm anymore?