Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Motorola Q:

    Overclocking Software?
    3rd Party Apps to better access onboard Apps.... or
    3rd Party Apps to beef up and simplify OS
    Additional Software (maybe from MS) to be able to edit mobile Word/Excel?

    Thanks!

    TJ
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    Motorola Q:

    Overclocking Software?
    3rd Party Apps to better access onboard Apps.... or
    3rd Party Apps to beef up and simplify OS
    Additional Software (maybe from MS) to be able to edit mobile Word/Excel?

    Thanks!

    TJ
    i don't know of any software in particular to do what you are asking (with the exception of Goodlink). is your Q really all that slow? are you having trouble pressing either the "home" or "start" button to get you to the onboard apps? what is it about the OS that is confounding you? goodlink does allow you to copy/paste within documents.

    phone, email, internet. it does them well.
  3. #3  
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  4.    #4  

    Fantastic..Thanks!
    How about the ability to overclock this dog?

    TJ
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    i don't know of any software in particular to do what you are asking (with the exception of Goodlink). is your Q really all that slow? are you having trouble pressing either the "home" or "start" button to get you to the onboard apps? what is it about the OS that is confounding you? goodlink does allow you to copy/paste within documents.

    phone, email, internet. it does them well.
    U kidding?

    It's incredibly slow... every time you switch to another app it leaves the one your currently working in open, unless you take the time to manually close it.. pretty soon you have a pile of apps bogging down the system... P in the A.

    Menu's are very typically windozly non-intuitive and very "round-about"
    IE: you're in a call and 1st want to turn that number into a contact then take some notes during the call... it takes some doing to accomplish this... I'm not into "some doing"... I'm into making money and thus I need simplicity and speed. I want to be thinking about my day, my competitor and my outcome. I do not want to put any thought into my phone.

    Frankly, I'd love to just stick with Palm if the dadgummed BT would work.

    But the Q's ability to launch apps and dial numbers via BT headset voice command is beautiful and always what the Treo should have been... being "Smart" and all.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    It's incredibly slow... every time you switch to another app it leaves the one your currently working in open, unless you take the time to manually close it.. pretty soon you have a pile of apps bogging down the system... P in the A.
    i believe that to be how most windows mobile op systems work. you have to manually close the programs down. the positive is that it allows you to multi-task between programs.


    i don't agree that the Q is slow. what i do know is that i'd rather have the Q than having to reset the phone due to frozen screens or a lack of memory.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    ... what i do know is that i'd rather have the Q than having to reset the phone due to frozen screens or a lack of memory.
    I'm with you on that.
  8. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    U kidding?

    It's incredibly slow... every time you switch to another app it leaves the one your currently working in open, unless you take the time to manually close it.. pretty soon you have a pile of apps bogging down the system... P in the A.
    That's just how WM works. There's a free program that actually closes programs when you hit the X button on WM5. I think it's called Magic Button. I know it works for PPC but I'm not sure about smartphone. It's definitely worth the price.

    Do you find the Q to always be slow or only when you have a lot of programs open? My 700w is fine when there aren't too many programs open, but it is a real dog when memory is full. I tried a Q at the VZW store and the first thing I did was to kill all the apps (there were about 20 open). It ran pretty well after that. I didn't even try it with all the apps open. Maybe I should've.
  9. #9  
    how i long for a 650 or 700P w/ A2DP and BT tht is great! I think i have to try a Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    U kidding?

    But the Q's ability to launch apps and dial numbers via BT headset voice command is beautiful and always what the Treo should have been... being "Smart" and all.
    _____________
    Visor -> Treo 650 Cingular UNLocked (Cing. Blue Phone on Orange Network) -> vzw 700p -> VZW Centro (much better)
  10. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    That's just how WM works. There's a free program that actually closes programs when you hit the X button on WM5. I think it's called Magic Button. I know it works for PPC but I'm not sure about smartphone. It's definitely worth the price.
    Um...I'm not sure how it could work. How do you "tap" on the X (close) button in an ap in WM5 for smartphone? If you can tab or pad your way to the "X" you may be able to use it, but I know on my 6700 I found no way of manually moving over the "X" to close an ap...I always have to use the stylus.
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Um...I'm not sure how it could work. How do you "tap" on the X (close) button in an ap in WM5 for smartphone? If you can tab or pad your way to the "X" you may be able to use it, but I know on my 6700 I found no way of manually moving over the "X" to close an ap...I always have to use the stylus.
    On the Smartphone, we use XBar which I find to be even easier to use than Magic Button.

Posting Permissions