1.    #1  
    I'm getting pretty excited. Some interesting hints about Palm, Sony, and Handspring in this article!

http://www.brighthand.com/html/featu...interview.html
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    I was particularly interested in this quote regarding what's coming this year from Palm Licensee's:

*Higher resolution screens
    *Enhanced audio and video
    *Faster processors, and coprocessors (DSPs or other coprocessing chips)
    *Built-in MP3 playback from at least one Palm licensee (there are also MP3 add-ons coming soon for Palm and Handspring systems)
    *Clip-on or integrated wireless modems for most of the world's major wireless standards, including GSM, GPRS, CDMA, CDPD, Mobitex, 802.11, PDC, and more
    *Bluetooth clip-ons and SD cards
    ...wow...

Will HS be able to keep up/surpass?

It looks like Palm is planning a barrage of stuff in the coming year...
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    ...wow...

Will HS be able to keep up/surpass?

It looks like Palm is planning a barrage of stuff in the coming year...
    The orginal post was about Palm Licensee's. It's probably Handspring or Sony that are planning most of the new upgrades. Can Palm keep up?
    There is nothing yet made by man that cannot be improved upon.
    next time I'll *read* what it is I'm commenting on...
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    A lot of this innovation will come from Palm licensees before it's built into the OS. That's the way we work with the licensees -- it's almost like open source. They can add features and get an exclusive on them for a while, and then it gets rolled into the OS.

It sounds like Handspring built the 16-bit color support and Palm will be using it.

Kamalot
    ...With all this new functionality, are we going to end up with a less-stable os?

Right now, the PalmOS is rock solid. It would lose a lot of the edge it has over CE if that changed.
    I said this over at brighthand, but I'll say it here too:

I doubt that some of the licensecs (or even all of them) could make such a substantial chage to the operating system without palm making the change first.

sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    Ha, he still won't answer my question on pixel resolution. Palm reps always give a song and dance routine on this issue. "It's not a shortcoming...it's a feature!"