Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the Motorola Q? How was it?
    I have not tried it.
    And prolly wont.
    Just call me Berd.
    I tried it. Didn't like it at all. Other than a nice form factor and awesome bluetooth, the Smartphone OS just kills the device.
    Yes, I have tried and returned mine. A lot of information can be found in the following thread
    I tried one at my local Circuit City. Maybe it was just me, and Ive owned a Blackberry before, but the layout was a bit confusing. The screen was nice, but overall, I wasnt very impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    I tried it. Didn't like it at all. Other than a nice form factor and awesome bluetooth, the Smartphone OS just kills the device.
    I didnt think the form factor was all that great.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I dumped my Treo 700W for a Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    I dumped my Treo 700W for a Q.
    and that would make two of us.

with all due respect T2, what is not great about less bulk and weight?
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez

I have short stubby fingers hence I can make a solid fist but cant comfortably hold the Q in my hand. Add to the fact that one handed typing on the Q for me is out of the question (as it is, I can barely do it on the treo).

I agree with the weight issue but bulk is measured in different ways (the Q is slimmer but its wider)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez

Real men carry heavy toys!
    I love the voice-dialing/app launching ability over BT on the Q... but the convoluted OS just kills me... and it's doggedly slow too.

I'm coming to realize that there are basically 2 Windows-based softwares out there for phones (1) Windows mobile for PDA's and (2) Windows mobile for Smartphones... I didn't know that before, and most people don't either.

I'm researching as fast as I can, looking for:
    Over-Clocking software for the Q, 3rd Party Software that's a bit more robust and has better shortcut keys

Dammit, why can't the 700p just work with bluetooth... arrrghh... I really want so badly to stick with an OS I've been familiar with for years.. even if it is outdated.

TJ
    Ya put those big fat wheels on ya pickup truck for beack access and ya gas mileage suffers.....ya dd 4 WD ya gas mileage suffers......design of anything is a series of tradeoffs. Ya want this, gotta give up that.

Seems everytime we see a "new Treo Killer" post, it raves about the one feature that the Treo doesn't have or the one thing that the Treo doesn't do well.....then 67 people do the 14 day trial, post here and say wow this fetaure is great and then follow with ....well that feature is great ....but.....and then the phone goes back before the 14 days are up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Seems everytime we see a "new Treo Killer" post, it raves about the one feature that the Treo doesn't have or the one thing that the Treo doesn't do well.....then 67 people do the 14 day trial, post here and say wow this fetaure is great and then follow with ....well that feature is great ....but.....and then the phone goes back before the 14 days are up.
    I finally figured it out from personal experience. If I don't take the phone on the trial run, I don't have to take it back. Let the other 67 people take the arrows in their back and come back to their Treos and tell me why. Saves me time and brain damage.

He said, fondling his 650. And looking longingly for a chance to test drive the upcoming HTC Hermes/Tytn, Treo-that-isn't-Hollywood, etc. etc. I ain't entirely cured yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Heh - I'm kind of the opposite. Since the Handspring Visorphone, I've purchased the latest and greatest (180, 300, 600, 650, 700p & w), gotten all excited about a couple new features (better screen, BT, faster processor, Garnet...again EVDO) and always end up taking the phone back because it just doesn't do enough. I almost kept the 700W, but the small memory pool relegated that phone to the eBay pile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Heh - I'm kind of the opposite. Since the Handspring Visorphone, I've purchased the latest and greatest (180, 300, 600, 650, 700p & w), gotten all excited about a couple new features (better screen, BT, faster processor, Garnet...again EVDO) and always end up taking the phone back because it just doesn't do enough. I almost kept the 700W, but the small memory pool relegated that phone to the eBay pile.
    So are you still using a Visor?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    LOL

I'm strying to figure out how to get my Outlook to sync with my current phone:

Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Nope - I cancelled the Visorphone service due to all the Sprint disconnects ... 5 years ago. I stopped using the Visor when Handspring abandoned all support for it 3 months after the first Treos came out. The Visorphone was a real beast - but it worked pretty well ... for its time.
    I returned my Q yesterday and became a new Treo 700w user.
    My husband already had the w as well as majority of my co-workers.
    They love it.
    I hated the Q! I hated the limitations. Now, truely... this was my own fault for not doing enough research before purchasing... but still. GOOD BYE Q! HELLO 700W!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast