Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been reading a lot about Nokia's E61. So far I have been really impressed with what's being offered. I am thinking of selling off my T650 and move to the Nokia E61. But before that I would like to hear from anyone with E61 experience.
    Read the E 61 rocks thread .Also howard forum nokia section has lot of people coming from T650 & are sold on this one.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    This former Treoholics Anonymous member made the move to the E61 this past weekend..........and the E61 is one Sweeeeeeet phone, even without the camera. Gimme Wi-Fi over a camera anyday!!

Sorry, fellow TC brethren, but this dude has left the Treo building....
    Last edited by aolumide; 06/22/2006 at 05:33 PM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Just curious,

what do you like so much about it?

Do you fell like your missing any of the palm os apps?

Hows the web browsing?

Is it really big?
    I love everything about it. I miss iSilo and TCPMP which is coming in July.
    Best of all. Not 1 reset in a month. Web browsing is great. I bought Opera for it. Learnin a new OS can be a challenge. But, Symbian is very user friendly. My wife (who hates these types of phones) used it and thought it was super easy to use and it has Wifi

The E61 weighs about 1/2 as much as a treo. I put it in my pocket or on my belt and i forget it is there.NO JOKE.
    Bluetooth BT headsets support mono audio play back even though no A2DP is avaliable yet. I am using the Jabra BT800 and jabra JX10. I never have anyone telling me that is sound like I am in a tin can or that I am breaking up.
    Very clear calls and it has WiFI
    Ent/web browser
    RSS is:] built in to the web browser. loads pages fast. able to open pop up windows and it has Wifi

Podcasting a free podcasting app from Nokia lets you search and download full podcast.
    Internet radio a free app lets you listen to shoutcast.

Realplayer plays videos and music. Even streaming videos and it has WiFi

Office
    Quickoffice (word, spreadsheets and presentations) included in phone. Works just as well, actually better the D2G ( again, no random resets) and it has WiFi

Battery Life
    i start work at 6am I am on the phone about 2-4 hours a day. I get 50-100 emails a day (push email is included BTW). I use every call with BT. Last night at about 12am. My phone gave me my first battery low warning. The Treo would have taken a dump about 4-5pm. Did I mention it had WiFI

The phone is si clear. everyone can hear me. I was actually considering leaving Tmobile. I thought their service sucked until I picked up the E61. Now my phone dosen't drop calls and people can hear me.

If 3rd party software picks up and a camera was added. This phone would be a perfect 10. So for now my 650 sits on its cradle glaring at me with a rating of 8.0 and my E61 9.0.
    smilyboy,

Thanks so much for your quick review. The ability of the e61 to do both Blackberry and ActiveSync direct push is what brought it to my attention. I really wish I could play around with one before I bought it site unseen.
    mobilebee will let you send it back and refund your money. Mpst places give u a 10-15 grace period.
    I agree with smileyboy. E61 is sooooo much better than my 650. No more reset, or babysit it so it won't have reset. Don't need to buy 3rd party software just to have basic functionality. And the E61 is built like a rock! Nothing bend, creep, etc. The metal case feels so much more professional then the plastic one.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    ...No more reset, or babysit it so it won't have reset.....
    I hear you, one big reason why I am thinking of migrating is the frequency of resets.

Does the fact that it's wider than T650 is something to be concern with? I sometimes read eBooks while on bed, dunno if I need to consider this. One good thing is, I heard, it's lighter than T650 which should helps.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i have had mine for about three weeks now

TOTALLY LOVE It, awesome device, works fast, no freezes, keyboard is awesome, sound quality is amazing, battery life is unreal

camera is useless for me, so i dont miss it
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang
    I hear you, one big reason why I am thinking of migrating is the frequency of resets.

Does the fact that it's wider than T650 is something to be concern with? I sometimes read eBooks while on bed, dunno if I need to consider this. One good thing is, I heard, it's lighter than T650 which should helps.
    The increase width actually help reading eBooks/doc, IMO. Less eye strain and easier to hold.
    two apps I would miss...Splashblog (software is available, but no camera), and Splashmoney. Is there any financial software available for s60? I am also interested in peoples feelings about the added width.
    The addefd width makes it easierfor me to hold and not drop.
    how much is shipping usually for mobilebee? They dont show the price until you put in your CC # and i do not want to do that.
    Another T650 convert here! The screen and wi-fi is amazing with no resets. I barely miss the camera when you are surfing on a wide screen at wi-fi speeds. Someone needs to make a copy/past function. It will only get better with new apps launching everyday.

My wife was not upset with my upgrade since she comes from Finland...Home of Nokia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie
    Someone needs to make a copy/past function.
    Hengie, copy/cut/paste functionality is already in-built. To select text, press and hold the shift key (either one), while using the mini-joystick to scroll in the direction you want to highlight the target word or line of text.

Next, use any of these combinations:

Ctrl + C = Copy
    Ctrl + X = Cut
    Ctrl + V = Paste
    Ctrl + Z = Undo previous cut operation
    Last edited by aolumide; 06/22/2006 at 05:38 PM.
    Try to copy some email text (this works) and then paste to a SMS message (this doesn't work) I need to copy email text to people who use SMS for work. You think it would work, but it seems SMS won't copy/paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie
    Try to copy some email text (this works) and then paste to a SMS message (this doesn't work) I need to copy email text to people who use SMS for work. You think it would work, but it seems SMS won't copy/paste.
    I can copy text from an e-mail using Ctrl-C, and paste into a text message using Ctrl-V. It works for me just fine. The only thing that comes to mind is that when you paste, make sure you hold down the Ctrl key while pressing the V key. Try again and see if you can get it to work.
    One more question.....does it have wifi? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    One more question.....does it have wifi? ;-)
    Heck, yeah! Supports accessing open and encrypted networks with WEP, 802.1x and WPA/WPA2 protocols.
    Last edited by aolumide; 06/22/2006 at 06:50 PM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast