Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyc
    Just to follow-up on my earlier post - my issues are now solved. I have to admit that the Symbian system has taken me much longer than anticipated to get comfortable with (after more than 5 years with Palm products). That said, the E61 is beyond my expectations and I'm absolutely thrilled with it. It seems like a stable hybrid of Palm and Windows with the major benefits of both.

The web browser is simply brilliant and takes the concept of surfing from a novelty (on the Treo) to a totally legitimate way of accessing the net. The wifi is great and, just to reiterate, I've had it for around a week with no crashes, resets or errors.

I highly recommend that you give it a try.
    Glad you are enjoying it .
    All i am missing is agendus . E61 is much much better phone and definitely a better internet device than Treo's.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyc
    Just to follow-up on my earlier post - my issues are now solved. I have to admit that the Symbian system has taken me much longer than anticipated to get comfortable with (after more than 5 years with Palm products). That said, the E61 is beyond my expectations and I'm absolutely thrilled with it. It seems like a stable hybrid of Palm and Windows with the major benefits of both.

The web browser is simply brilliant and takes the concept of surfing from a novelty (on the Treo) to a totally legitimate way of accessing the net. The wifi is great and, just to reiterate, I've had it for around a week with no crashes, resets or errors.

I highly recommend that you give it a try.
    What was up with the vibrate feature?
    Bad phone or a setting?
  3.    #83  
    My E61 arrived a couple of hours ago. It's charging now....hang on!
    wow, congrats on ur new e61..
    I have been away from TC for about 3-4 weeks. It is funny to log back on and see problems that seems so far away for me, now that i have a E61. Problems like my phone resets everytime i get a call or how do i stop resets when i get a txt. I am happy nokia took the time to perfect the phone first. JMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by bg1260
    What was up with the vibrate feature?
    Bad phone or a setting?

I think a setting. I have to admit, it's taken a lot to get used to Symbian. Saving settings is oddly unintuitive but I seem to be figuring it out.
  7.    #87  
    E61's Wifi works wonders, but I am having difficulties setting up VPN. Googling the issue leads to lots of complain about the Nokia VPN Client needing Nokia own Security Server Manager to be installed to create the policy. Anyone knows a VPN client for the S60v3? Or a workaround? Maybe you know a developer who is working on a client - I am here to become your beta tester.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    After a *terrible* experience with the Nokia 770 (it's fine... when it works and doesn't die for no reason: 2 faults in 3 months!) I'll stay well clear of Nokia from now on. Either another Palm or something yet unknown for me.
    Compaq Aero 2100 -> Toshiba E570 -> Toshiba E800 -> O2 XDA II Mini -> PalmOne Treo 650
    Had a look at sample e61 but wasn't impressed by width, like the nice big screen, a real catch-22.

going to wait a bit longer and look at other options including m600i from SE, i320 from Samsung or go cheap with Q from Motorola. Probably keep looking till my Treo 600 dies on me. Or who knows Palm might release another GSM model by then

Cheers
    VikingBrad
  10.    #90  
    VikingBrad, I do agree with you, the width take some getting use to, but the screen is just brilliant, that the size becomes a minor issue I just have to learn to live with.

If you compare to Treo 650, the E61 may be wider but way lighter for longer time in your hands for eBook reading. And the width helps with reading too.

If you are not familiar with Symbian OS, it can take a while to get use to, especially if you have been spoilt by Palm OS efficient simplicity (minus the resets!).

Best wishes,

Bawang
    I agree about the weight. I used to get sore fingers when I typed a for long time on my Treo 650 (I rest my Treo on my middle fingers). But with E61, I don't get fatigue at all.
    Hey iam a new convert also had mine for about 2 weeks great phone/pda
    Treo 650
    cingular locked
    Running the latest unlocked Rom and Firmware
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I love everything about it. I miss iSilo and TCPMP which is coming in July.
    Is iSilo available yet?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I do like the phone but......the browsers a pain!
    All that horizontal moving.
    Had to go with Opera.
    The screen brightness falls short of the 650 and keyboard does not light up at night half the time.

Finally
    The calendar SUCKS!Cmon U know it!
    Still a no go with Isilo. As a whole i think that the iSilo company is a bunch of slackers. They haven't advertised their software for years. Most people don't even know what it does. They keep blaming symbian users, saying no one is intrested. but a recent study showes that Nokia (aka symbian ) out sells its competition 6 to 1. Thats a lot of symbian users.

With all these different ebook companies, online magazines, databases, saved web pages. Medical DB's. I don't understand why the market isn't there for iSilo. ....... Oh JEAH other than the fact that no one knows it exist or what it does.

ahhhhhhhhhh. All done. (Long deep breath)

I miss the camera and isilo. I am going to check into the SE P990i. It is coming out this Friday. But, it dosen't support 850mHz for Tmobile. We will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    I agree about the weight. I used to get sore fingers when I typed a for long time on my Treo 650 (I rest my Treo on my middle fingers). But with E61, I don't get fatigue at all.
    that is intresting. i had a lot of pain in my wrist, at leat once a week. I thought it was my work. I think it might have been the Treo. I have been pain free for almost 2 months? Weird
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky
    I do like the phone but......the browsers a pain!
    All that horizontal moving.
    Had to go with Opera.
    The screen brightness falls short of the 650 and keyboard does not light up at night half the time.

Finally
    The calendar SUCKS!Cmon U know it!

try Aquacalender. I got it from my-symbian.com. It is a little better. I am still holding out for Agendus.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345