Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey Smileyboy, does it have WiFi?

If so, have you tested out the built-in VoIP program?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Tmobile is great here in Denver. Wow I had no idea reception what a real phone was like. The wifi is spectacular. I have been using it ou=n my home network and at starbucks. I plan on testing the voip tomorrow as my wife and i talk to family in Mexico. I'll let u know
    Quote Originally Posted by bg1260
    I have another question for the forum.
    Having been a long time Palm/Treo 600 user using palm desktop, How does it transfer to Symbian? Will I need to use Outlook? I sync equally between Mac and PC ant thoughts?
    Transfers are easy on my mac. i don't know about PC. I bought a widget for iSync and I can sync contacts/date book and memos. Thats about all i needed. The nokia comes with software called PC suite just for PCs. It should work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    ...clip... I miss iSilo ...clip...
    this doesn't work?
    http://www.isilo.com/download/iSiloS60.htm
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    No, it wont. It's not compatible with S60 3rd Edition phones like the E61.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Quote Originally Posted by aolumide
    No, it wont. It's not compatible with S60 3rd Edition phones like the E61.
    Oh Well
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Transfers are easy on my mac. i don't know about PC. I bought a widget for iSync and I can sync contacts/date book and memos. Thats about all i needed. The nokia comes with software called PC suite just for PCs. It should work just fine.
    What about transfering data from Palm OS to symbian
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie
    Coming from Chatter I use fastmail IMAP. With the IMAP client you can select download headers. The only dissadvantage is you need to then download the rest of the message to view the body of the message. The download only takes a second. So far it reconnects after losing signal or finishing a phone call. Sending and receiving attachments works great and you can have all mails saved to the mem card. I dont use thew push PIM features yet, but I did just setup 4smartphone to try out exchange. I read on a forum that all the PIM features synch.
    Hengie,

Could you confirm that the PIM features sync with 4smartphone using either a scheduled sync or push?

Thanks!
    Has the datebook problem in the E61 been fixed where the time zones between the Mac and the Nokia line up? Also, which widget for iSync did you buy?

Thanks,

YoungTurk
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Has the datebook problem in the E61 been fixed where the time zones between the Mac and the Nokia line up? Also, which widget for iSync did you buy?

Thanks,

YoungTurk
    Yes. I solved the problem by purchasing the Nova Media's plugin, but I've see posts in my-symbian.com about modifying iSync to get it to recognize timezones.
  11.    #51  
    Finally, I have put up my T650 on eBay. Now shopping for the best place to get the E61. Any ideas? I have seen many suggestions to go with phonesource-usa. Has anyone here ordered from this company?

Thanks.

Bawang
    Yes. I got mine form phonesource-usa. They send via Fedex 2-3 service. I got a tracking number within the hour I made the payment. I will buy from them again. You can really use the browser on the E61. The large screen and zoom features make it useable. I was using IMAp for push, but I converted to Mail for Exchange. It pushes the entire message not just the headers.
    Can you use the MSFP feature of activesync on the e61?

Also, can anybody post some screenshots of what the mail app looks like on the device?
    I don't have activesync on my E61. I use the in-built e-mail client. Here are some screen shots of that:

Screenshots were taken using the screenshot vers. 2 app.

-- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Hey aolumide, How did you get the mail app to have black text on a white screen? I've been tearing my hair out trying to change that. Is that a new theme? Do you know is there is an app to have the LED blink to show I have network? I actually liked that feature since I'm mainly working in buildings without a signal?
    He is using the Orange theme, I think mentioned in All About Symbian or another similar site. I tried it out and didn't like it due to the crappy looking signal and battery indicators. I now use a theme called OrangeBlue which is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    He is using the Orange theme, I think mentioned in All About Symbian or another similar site. I tried it out and didn't like it due to the crappy looking signal and battery indicators. I now use a theme called OrangeBlue which is better.
    Do you have a linky ?
    Metal theme is awesome !
    http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/nokia-e61-themes/1/
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    alomide,

Thanks very much for the screens. It does look real nice. I think Im going to have to get my hands on one. The big screen alone for email will probably make it worthwhile alone.
    Thanks Count zero.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast