Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    aolumide. I got it. It seems you can only use the function when you see the cursor. Thanks for the help.

Yes the wi-fi is excellent. Its muc more stable on the E61 than my experience with a T-mobile MDAII. My online bank is happy with the stock browswer too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie
    aolumide. I got it. It seems you can only use the function when you see the cursor. Thanks for the help.

Yes the wi-fi is excellent. Its muc more stable on the E61 than my experience with a T-mobile MDAII. My online bank is happy with the stock browswer too.
    You're welcome. Love that web browser zoom action with the * and # keys!
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Actually, mobilebee's shipping and cs is ok. I bought mine from importgsm.com and i have a lifetime warranty on the device. It cost $505 and then i had it overnighted $38. I feel like lifetime warranty no questions asked replacment is worth it on a smartphone that has my life on it.
    Wow you got a lot of tricks for the E61. The zoom action is an new trick of the day. I've only had mine for 2 days so still learning my way around.
    THIS PHONE SIMPLY ROCKS !!
    TREO CROWD WAKE UP & CHECK THIS BABY OUT .
    Besides everything you guys mentioned . The powerpoint presentation look awesome on this phone .
    The music player with built in stereo speakers , which are loud and clear to fill you room with great sound and will put your bose stereo to shame .
    No headphones needed.
    Waitng for agendus to release a version for this phone.
    Who needs A Treo?i
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    I can't believe the sound that comes out of the speakers. The internet radio via wi-fi is solid!
    I have had mine for over a month and it was well worth it. I really do not use my HTC wizard that much or my treo. I always use my E61. This phone made me like Nokia again.

Is anyone else getting amazing battery life on this? I am getting about 3-4 days out of mine.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    I have had mine for over a month and it was well worth it. I really do not use my HTC wizard that much or my treo. I always use my E61. This phone made me like Nokia again.

Is anyone else getting amazing battery life on this? I am getting about 3-4 days out of mine.
    Battery life is unbelievable . D o not have to charge it every night despite Wifi browsing , mp3 player and phone usage for hours .
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Is the E61 only for GSM? I have Sprint and I think I can honestly say that I am getting tired of the Treo.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  10.    #30  
    You guys have convinced me. Almost won a bid on eBay for a used one last night. Well, I better influence the wife to agree to the move first.

Wish me luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Is the E61 only for GSM? I have Sprint and I think I can honestly say that I am getting tired of the Treo.
    Yes, it's a GSM phone. Don't believe thare's a CDMA variant of the E61, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    What GSM service are all you guys on? Are you in the states?
    I currently have Cingular and a Treo 600 and I am waiting patienly for a
    great GSM smart phone that is truly a phone also. It sounds like the E61 is it, but it will not be supported by Cingular. Will Nokia support it here in the US?
    I'm on T-Mobile USA's GSM network, and it works fine. Other folks in this forum have theirs running on Cingular, as well as Rogers in Canada.

T-Mob does not officially support the E61, but GSM is a standard global protocol, and as long as a GSM device supports a carriers GSM frequency (E61 is a quad-band or world phone -- supports 850,900,1800, and 1900), it will run just fine. They just won't "officially" support it if you run into trouble, so keep that in mind.

Cingular is supposedly releasing the E62 soon, but I hear that it doesn't have Wi-Fi and some other features the E61 has.

As far as www.nokiausa.com goes, I don't see any E-series phones listed anywhere on their site, so I doubt they will support it, although that's just my opinion. Anyone who knows otherwise, please share your info.

Google the E61 for more info, as well as other forums like hf, etc.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    That's kinda what I thought. My understanding is that it will utilize the Edge network here in the states on Cingular, but when Cingular finally brings 3G on board it will be a frequency not supported by the E61. It seems Cingular as well as other phone makers just dont want WiFi on their phones. Yes you can do it with add on cards with some other phones, but an all-in-one phone is the solution I am looking for. I may just take the plunge and get a E61 for the interim until Cingular adopts 3G here. Having WiFi will trump whatever I give up for not jumping ship and going EVDO (think Q) plus I get what seems like a rock solid phone and Nokia relaibility. I'll ebay it once something new comes out eventually
    I got mine in 2 days from Phonesource-usa on eBay. He has the lowest buy it not price and shipping.
    I have several E61 questions that I would very much appreciate some feedback on:

1) How reliable is the push email client?
    2) I understand it supports the imap idle protocal, multiple accounts, and native attachments like chatter, is that true?
    3) How does the phone/client handle dropped data connections, will it reconnect automatically?
    4) Can the PIM client automatically sync, either scheduled or push, with a hosted exchange account like 4smartphone.net

Any information would be appreciated. I currently own the 700w and hate it.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have another question for the forum.
    Having been a long time Palm/Treo 600 user using palm desktop, How does it transfer to Symbian? Will I need to use Outlook? I sync equally between Mac and PC ant thoughts?
    Coming from Chatter I use fastmail IMAP. With the IMAP client you can select download headers. The only dissadvantage is you need to then download the rest of the message to view the body of the message. The download only takes a second. So far it reconnects after losing signal or finishing a phone call. Sending and receiving attachments works great and you can have all mails saved to the mem card. I dont use thew push PIM features yet, but I did just setup 4smartphone to try out exchange. I read on a forum that all the PIM features synch.
    My-Symbian is a great place for new E61 owners. http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33
    [QUOTE=bg1260]What GSM service are all you guys on? Are you in the states?[QUOTE]

I am using Cingular with my E61 as well. Excellent reception in the LA/OC/SD areas and I also brought it up to the bay area with me. I was getting great reception in SF and Oakland as well as Napa, Sonoma and Fairfield.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast