1.    #1  
    When the Moto Q gets to GSM it may find the marketplace pretty crowded with knock-offs and direct competitors.

First, the Samsung i320n. It will have similar specs to the Q, and even the keyboard looks similar

Next is a nameless TechFaithWireless device.

The difference here is that the TFW device is a full pocketpc phone (including touch screen), not smartphone. The screen is landscape 320x240. So much for 240x240

In case you have never heard of TFW (and who has) they are the Motorola ODM. They make the SLVR, and its influence can be clearly seen in their other announced smartphone, also nameless.

Nothing amazing here spec-wise, except for 512 Mb Flash built-in!

To round of their assault on the WM smartphone market, they have also shown this HTC Universal knock-off.

Looks like a whole lot more competition is coming to the WM world.

Surur
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Both seem to be EDGE devices... I anticipate that the MotoQ is going to be UMTS/3GSM/WCDMA when it finnaly gets to the GSM carriers, which puts it in a different category.
  3.    #3  
    True, but apparently in the Asian market 3G is not necessary yet, and thats probably where most of these devices will end up.

Surur
    The problem with the Samsung, is that the screen is tiny. For those people that think the Q has a small screen, the 320 is 2.2 while the Q is 2.5.

The other device seems to have a rectangular screen, so it cant be 240x240.
  5.    #5  
    Its 320x240, like the Q and the 320, but its a proper pocketpc, which probably means worse one handed use, but a lot more software.

Surur
    its a proper pocketpc, which probably means worse one handed use, but a lot more software.
    thats why I rather have a gsm treo 700w
    I am still waiting for my HTC TyTN. It has everthing that I need and what in a device.
    Surur, what kind of connections do you have so you know about stuff like this? :-)
  9.    #9  
    I just keep my eyes open. At least things are happening in the WM world, which makes that practice slightly more rewarding

Surur
    I confess that I will probably end up buying one of these newfangled WM devices as they start to hit GSM-land. The TyTN (some marketing human's idea of Brilliance in Product Naming no doubt) or -- better yet because I don't like slideout keyboards -- something like the two items you've highlighted here or the Q itself. Not that I'm unhappy with the T650. It's just apparent that there are so many more possibilities available elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Surur, what kind of connections do you have so you know about stuff like this? :-)
    His sources are:
    hoovs, dstrauss. cardio, clairgrrl, geatches, haggar, gharrod, and postal.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    An internet connection?

http://www.smartphone-web.com/
    http://www.theunwired.net/