1.    #1  
    New member here...glad you have this forum...I have also posted to BB forums and they are helpful, as you are from all my readings...

Considering Treo 700p or BB 7130e with Verizon...maybe those familiar with both can hep me out, since taking much of the rep's time is iften impossible, and, I have quickly learned, their knowledge of either product is limited to turning it on or off...so maybe someone has tried the comparo that I wish I could do...

While I like the form of the 7130e and fewer buttons for the SureType, I am quite sure with a little practice I could easily get used to Qwerty so I will call it a wash...

The BB is certainly lighter by almost 1/3

What I want to know is this...I really want the unit mostly as a phone and I especially want easy voice dialing, and one touch dialing (dies the BB have a touchscreen for dialing???)...I also want good sound quality on the speakerphone and I want it to be easily engaged, like touching one key...if I intend to engage spkrphone at 75 mph on the freeway, I cannot afford to be pushing too many buttons taking my attention off the road...is 700p easy to engage???...(Bluetooth may be great, but I really want to drop the unit in my shirt pocket or velcro to dashboard and have a conversation...can 700P do this?)...

Also, while I know this is highly subjective, has anyone listened to the sound quality on the BB spkrphone vs the 700p spkrphone, and can you offer any opinions???...

While I notice many of you have many units over the years, I am trying to find something w/o going back 7 times to exchange it, and I am appreciative of your help...

Bob
    I had the 7130E for a week and got a 700W. The BB is great at email and that's about it.
  3.    #3  
    Delta: how is the phone quality on the 700???
    From my experience, the BBs have a low speaker phone. If you are concerned about having a loud enough speaker phone, go with the Treo.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I've tried two BB in the past six months, neither met my needs compared to the 650.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    yes the BB7130 is not that impressive at all. try the 700w, you will be very happy
    Your asking this question in a bit of a bias place, and i know 90% of the people here are going to say go for the treo, thats the whole reason we come here, to get our treo fix!

But i definatley say go for the treo, in the past i have owned all three, Palm, PPC, And a BB for a week. And none of them compare to POS expect maybe PPC however it has to grow a bit from its current stage.

POS and the treo are the best for third party software and solotions.

700p everytime!!!!!
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Marsha,

I didn't have the BB long enough to evaluate the entire device, including speaker phone. The ear piece was O.K.. I didn't like the way the contacts were managed and used. Email attachment handling did it in for me. It doesn't handle attachments well at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha7
    Delta: how is the phone quality on the 700???
    I have not had a 7130 but have had a GSM 650 and am now using a BB 8700. If I were you and it is available go with an 8700. the phone is great, very fast Bluetooth, spedd dialing and contact dialing is one handed and e-mail and calendar are fantastic.
    One of the biggest things that I do not like about the BB 7130e on Verizon. I cannot believe that BB actually created a menu for that particular phone. It looks ugly and unfinished.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    One of the biggest things that I do not like about the BB 7130e on Verizon. I cannot believe that BB actually created a menu for that particular phone. It looks ugly and unfinished.

Hey eimajuno,

Your signature is somewhat interesting. How can you say CDMA is the past and GSM is the future when future GSM is based on CDMA?

Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread. nuf said.