1.    #1  
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo

That is extremely cool. I can't tell you how much it pisses me off that there isn't a Slingplayer for the Treo 700p!
    Wow, thats quite impressive its just that delay thats the killer but what can you expect, it is going through the internet to the sling box and then to the tivo, very good all the same. They have just released it here in the UK would anyone suggest getting one? from that i am very close to picking one up.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Another reason to like the Q Too bad Verizon is so damn expensive.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Two big issues that I have with the Palm OS.

No Slingbox and no Skype support
    I'm tempted to get a slingbox in the UK, but 3 things hold me back.

1) Its pretty expensive here at 170
    2) The terms and conditions of my unlimited internet forbids streaming.
    3) I dont spend enough time idle at work to appreciate using it.

Otherwise its an excellent technology. Maybe if/when it comes down to 100 I would not mind throwing away some money on it.

Surur
    That is pretty cool. Makes me wish I had tivo.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    10 minutes after you start using this on ur Q won't verizon shut you down cause it's such a bandwith hog.
    That's why I believe wifi is an important addition to any new smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by json
    10 minutes after you start using this on ur Q won't verizon shut you down cause it's such a bandwith hog.
    No, I've watched several full hour shows on my vz6700 with no issues. What's even better is TiVo HME apps works great. I can listen to all my MP3's, control my X10 lights, etc with my phone. A major reason why I left PalmOS.....
    Quote Originally Posted by json
    How silly. You can control the bandwidth of your Slingbox transmission to whatever you want.
    How can you control it? Please explain. I have a Slingbox but haven't connected it yet, because I keep hearing the bandwith problems and Verizon cancelling accounts for the 700w.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_OS
    How can you control it? Please explain. I have a Slingbox but haven't connected it yet, because I keep hearing the bandwith problems and Verizon cancelling accounts for the 700w.
    The Slingbox client program controls the bandwidth (it's one of the options settings). Verizon is (supposedly) canceling accounts for excess total data downloaded in a single billing period. To date, they have no definitive means of determining if you're streaming, surfing, emailing or tethering - just the circumstantial evidence of total data downloaded.