1.    #1  
    The new Sammy phone showed up on Phonescoop today. It says it has a June 2006 release. Is this the GSM version of the Moto Q? It looks interesting.
    This one's going to make you cry like a baby..

My apologies the photos didn't stick - here's the link:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/3.../index.php?p=1
    Last edited by dstrauss; 06/15/2006 at 07:33 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I'm crying because i cant see the pictures...

Surur
  4.    #4  
    I typed the URL in and saw the article. It looks awesome from a size and weight POV, but with no touchscreen of WM5 and no scroll wheel, it may be hard to navigate. I also heard that it will be $600 to $700, but with the Q at $200, you would think that they would rethink the price.
    Likely 600-700 without contract. Canada is selling the Q for $550 without contract currently.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Canada is selling the Q for $550 without contract currently.
    What kinda dollars - is it them Canadian dollars? If it's US dollars those folks'll be storming our borders in search of the Best Buy $399 deal.
    Its actually $599 (CND) without contract ( http://www.telusmobility.com/on/pcs/...torola_q.shtml ). Thats $540 American.

Surur
    Hmmm - a Micro SD card for external storage located under the battery in the battery compartment! It's almost as if they don't want you to use external memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Hmmm - a Micro SD card for external storage located under the battery in the battery compartment! It's almost as if they don't want you to use external memory.
    No, it's almost more like they're afraid you'll hot swap and lose something. I just don't get why we need to be moving to a THIRD new memory standard.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I don't care for it. These thumbboards are already smaller than I'd like, so I wouldn't want the keyboard to get any more cramped. Hidden SD card is a problem as well. On that note, the Q has a MiniSD vs this device's MicroSD, right? Is it safe to assume that the capacities and cost-per-MB is a bit better for MiniSD than MicroSD?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    That new samsung looks tempting but I think that I am going to wait for the gsm version of the Q to come out. I have never owned a samsung product before so I am not going to bash on them but I really do not like the fact that it is missing gsm 850 and does not have a jog dial on the side of the phone. If it had both of those, than I would be all over it but until the Q for gsm is out, I will stick to my Nokia E61.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future