1.    #1  
    A friend just bought a 6700 and is trying to connect to his home wireless network. The problem is that we can't seem to find where to enter the wep code. Has anyone else here set up the 6700 on a secured network? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    When it attempts to connect to my network for the first time it ask for the code. I entered it then and it has stored it ever since. Might try deleting the connection and attempt to reconnect to it. I let mine detect it automatically, this will not work if you have masked the SSID.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, lsmach. We'll try try it again.
    Hoovs, you suck at teH Networking!

(You should be using WPA anyways)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Hoovs, you suck at teH Networking!

(You should be using WPA anyways)

munk, been away for a while, you on 6700 or 700 now?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    munk, been away for a while, you on 6700 or 700 now?
    Still have the 650.

Been preoccupied with some other things all month long (some good, some bad...) to even think of getting a new phone.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I've been quite happy with the 6700 for the past few days. Voice Command is KILLER. Easy to use and you pretty much control the phone with your voice, what more can you ask for?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Easy to use and you pretty much control the phone with your voice, what more can you ask for?
    Ummm, a Treo form-factor. I love my 320x240 screen and my WiFi but I sure miss my Treo keyboard and the Treo's style of the 5-way rocker. The 6700 has better features than the 700w (and I'm glad I went with 6700) but I wish Palm created a better, richer Windows Mobile Device.

Sorry, had to say it as you ask the question!
    The new Treo thats gonna come out in Sept. will have WM5 on GSM.