1.    #1  
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...s&Number=24187

"Cingular Wireless will offer its business customers access to corporate e-mail via Direct Push Technology, a feature of Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) upgrade, beginning on June 19, 2006. "
    ive had it for several weeks new
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I think most have had push for months now...right? Either way, this is good news, and I hope that T-Mobile will do the same.
    Did any of you guys really read that article? This is going to be a B2B solution, requiring a higher price ($44.95) data plan to use it. My 8125 works great with MS Exchange 2003 SP2 out of the box, but I have to set it to pull every ten minutes rather than true push - and ALL on my existing $19.94 unlimited Media Net plan.

I guess I'll have to go to xda-devlopers to grab the ROM upgrades that CPcrazyFly is talking about to get my own ROM upgrades. I'm NOT paying Cingular for the pleasure of getting screwed by a Verizon-like data plan.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    ive had it for several weeks new
    Well then you shoulda posted the announcement

Announcement I saw was dated 06-13-06.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

Naw - he's a hacker-san adding the ROM from a developmental release on xda-developers more than a month ago. Apparently the "real deal" is only going to be released by Cingular as a part of a push to move customers toa high cost plan. From first release, they have tried to force customers to switch away from Media Net - but if you fought them, they relented. The higher price plan is ONLY necessary if you have a private VPN portal you have to use.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

im no hacker, i thought it was pretty common knowledge that there were custom ROMs out there with PUSH included.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    and A2DP!...which I have still have yet to play with - most have had great luck with it!
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    My push e-mail is not working anymore with the xda-developers rom. Is yours still working CP? I heard Cingular may be closing some ports. I'm not sure if it's that or some other problem I'm experiencing. Haven't had too much time to troubleshoot.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    My push e-mail is not working anymore with the xda-developers rom. Is yours still working CP? I heard Cingular may be closing some ports. I'm not sure if it's that or some other problem I'm experiencing. Haven't had too much time to troubleshoot.
    im not using it anymore so i dont know, i havent read of any problems.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    im no hacker, i thought it was pretty common knowledge that there were custom ROMs out there with PUSH included.
    Well then I thing the post will serve peeps well. Worth knowing that it is now officially supported.