Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to try out the Q so I just picked one up at a Verizon store this monring. I work for the Government and got a discount, and have 14 days to decide if I want to keep it. I am setting it up now. I'll post some thoughts in a few. I don't think anything could make me leave my 700p, but I wanted to try it out.
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. #2  
    How much was it?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  3.    #3  
    I got 20% off it was $160 + $12.00 tax. Total $172.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    I just did a dsl reports test of a 200k file on the Sprint 700p and Verizon Q
    700p-324kbit/sec
    Q-183kbit/sec

    Blazer is definitely a better browser than IE on the Q.
    Jimmie Geddes
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I got 20% off it was $160 + $12.00 tax. Total $172.
    Wow, that is a sweet and fair price for the functionality the Q currently provides.
  6.    #6  
    It was a great price, but Verizon gets you with their data plans.
    Jimmie Geddes
  7. #7  
    The pricing of this product is somewhat similar to the inkjet printers, where they get you with the consumables (although inkjet printers has third party inkjet suppliers).
  8. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #8  
    doesn't have anything to do with "this product" in particular-- that's just the price for Verizon's data plans. same for 700w and 700p.
  9. #9  
    That's interesting because I see the exact opposite on Verizon. The highest I've every gotten on a Verizon 700p is 380k, the highest on a Q 760k.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I just did a dsl reports test of a 200k file on the Sprint 700p and Verizon Q
    700p-324kbit/sec
    Q-183kbit/sec

    Blazer is definitely a better browser than IE on the Q.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10.    #10  
    I just got off the phone with Verizon because even though I have the EV icon I am getting horrible speeds. I go as low as 31kbits/sec and the fastest I get is 200kbits/sec and was told that "the network" fluctuates. I told the rep that I have a Sprint Treo 700p and the network never fluctuates that much. She said that it could be that my account is still provisioning. Something doesn't seem right to me,lol. I'll give it a few more hours.
    Jimmie Geddes
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Wow, that is a sweet and fair price for the functionality the Q currently provides.
    Yugo's were pretty cheap and functional also. How many of those do you still see around?
    I've lost the faith in Moto, since my last flip phone from them around '98.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Yugo's were pretty cheap and functional also. How many of those do you still see around?
    I've lost the faith in Moto, since my last flip phone from them around '98.
    That's a long time Scary. They lost my business too with crappy phones, but then I bought the Razr. It is a great phone and I hear good things about the Q, I think Motorola's back.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Yugo's were pretty cheap and functional also. How many of those do you still see around?
    I've lost the faith in Moto, since my last flip phone from them around '98.
    I agree but companies can re-invent themselves, if this Q is to succeed, Motorola will do what it needs to do which is partner with multiple vendors which could potentially show benefit for first time combo device users via lower price device and competitively priced data plans.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I just got off the phone with Verizon because even though I have the EV icon I am getting horrible speeds. I go as low as 31kbits/sec and the fastest I get is 200kbits/sec and was told that "the network" fluctuates. I told the rep that I have a Sprint Treo 700p and the network never fluctuates that much. She said that it could be that my account is still provisioning. Something doesn't seem right to me,lol. I'll give it a few more hours.
    You should have kept going to see how many different excuses she could give you.
  15.    #15  
    I've decided that it is going back to Verizon. I love my Sprint Treo 700p
    Jimmie Geddes
  16. #16  
    Jimmy, what do you think of the construction of the Q?

    I played with one for a few minutes, and was surprised to find how "plastic" and "cheap" it felt in my hand. The D-pad, in particular, was disappointing. I didn't expect that from Moto.
  17.    #17  
    I was expecting something like the RAZR's build (metal casing), and the Q is not. I think it feels just like a blackberry.
    Jimmie Geddes
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I've decided that it is going back to Verizon. I love my Sprint Treo 700p
    Welcome back! I just did the same thing two days ago. Only thing I am missing is the bluetooth on the Q - it is head and shoulders better than the 700P. The Jabra BT500 crackles and is staticy on the 700P, but is quiet on the Q. That is my only disappointment with sticking with the 700P.
  19.    #19  
    Thanks, I never left I wanted to try out the Q to see what the hype was all about.
    Jimmie Geddes

Posting Permissions