1.    #1  
    Several retailers are offering the Sony Ericsson m600i, including Mobile Planet. I think I'm going to take the plunge and get one. I'm a little nervous spending $500 on it, but it is unlocked and looks pretty nifty. Have you guys dealt with Mobile Planet or Overseas Electronics?
    Yes, I've bought accessories from them in the past (Mobile Planet), though I believe that was from their online store with inventory in Illinois.

BTW, is the m600i equipped with a QWERTY keyboard?
    Last edited by aolumide; 06/09/2006 at 02:49 PM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  3.    #3  
    It does have a QWERTY keyboard, but it's slightly different with two characters on each key that sort of swivel. Check this out to see or understand further since I coudn't think of a concise way of saying it...

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...-m600-en.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman3
    It does have a QWERTY keyboard, but it's slightly different with two characters on each key that sort of swivel. Check this out to see or understand further since I coudn't think of a concise way of saying it...

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...-m600-en.shtml
    Thanks for the link, spaceman3. The m600i is sure easy on the eyes. Pretty slick and compact design, I must say.

However I have a problem with the keyboard layout. I'm not sure I can deal with the dual characters on each key. It implies careful pressing on the edges of the keys when in keyboard mode. That would make me feel like I'm taking an exam of some sort everytime I want to send a text message or a quick reply to an e-mail message. Guess the Treo has spoilt me!

My Treo 650 is on it's last legs physically, and I like Nokia's E61. Yes, it's wider than the Treo, but I don't mind. Plus it has WiFi (which I just have to have), a nice size screen, and a lot more. I don't believe the m600i has WiFi. I just bought one (E61, that is), but it has not arrived yet. Here's some info:

Nokia E61

Let us know how you fare with the m600i if you decide to buy one.

Peace.
    Last edited by aolumide; 06/09/2006 at 02:59 PM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --