Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 217
  1. #141  
    I want a universal with a bigger 800x480 screen in the same form factor and size, with at least 128 MB ram and 1 GB ROM, with GPS built-in and an external screen and keypad.


    Now I ask you, is that too much to ask?

    Surur
  2. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    I thought you tried it and packed it back up already..........I remember your initial review a bunch of threads ago, cuz I felt it mirrored my thoughts.

    Still deciding?
    This is my second honeymoon with the thing....I *had* to have a WM5 device for a variety of web applications that I can't do on Palm.

    The thing about honeymoon's is that you seem to get ****ed a lot more frequently during the honeymoon. So I'll just have to wait out the honeymoon and hope that WM5 loses interest in nailing me on a daily (okay, hourly) basis. Because I need to stick with WM5...for now.
  3. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I want a universal with a bigger 800x480 screen in the same form factor and size, with at least 128 MB ram and 1 GB ROM, with GPS built-in and an external screen and keypad.

    Surur

    Well...check this out then...it's only $499 without activation!

    [EDIT: It even comes with Wi-Fi!]
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Well...check this out then...it's only $499 without activation!

    [EDIT: It even comes with Wi-Fi!]
    Please! I would never buy that! There is no bluetooth, and no GSM/UMTS!! I'M not even sure it has IRDA!!! I demand at least 4 different types of wireless tech in ANY device I use!!!!



    Surur
  5. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Please! I would never buy that! There is no bluetooth, and no GSM/UMTS!! I'M not even sure it has IRDA!!! I demand at least 4 different types of wireless tech in ANY device I use!!!!



    Surur

    You picky picky *******! What are you complaining about? It has wi-fi. You can SKYPE everyone you know! Who the hell needs to pay a GSM carrier? It has WI-FI! And why do you need bluetooth? It has WI-FI for crying out loud. And why ANYONE would want to use IRDA is beyond me...it's SLOW! This puppy has WI-FI...get it? Good.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    If you disregard the thickness, the Q has the same width and height (roughly) as my 6600 with the keyboard closed. The screen is MUCH smaller, .
    pull out the keyboard and tell me how much shorter it is at that point. yes, the screen is much smaller than the 6600. the 6600 is also a brick.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    This is my second honeymoon with the thing....I *had* to have a WM5 device for a variety of web applications that I can't do on Palm.

    The thing about honeymoon's is that you seem to get ****ed a lot more frequently during the honeymoon. So I'll just have to wait out the honeymoon and hope that WM5 loses interest in nailing me on a daily (okay, hourly) basis. Because I need to stick with WM5...for now.
    You sick, sick man. Where did you say you were putting that new phone every hour that's causing so much pain?
    Last edited by geatches; 06/17/2006 at 08:50 AM.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  8. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #148  
    My Q has been returned. Believe it or not, I am much happier with the navigation on my 8125. With all the tweaks ve done to it, I have a great one-handed experience in a much more solid and robust piece of equipment.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    pull out the keyboard and tell me how much shorter it is at that point. yes, the screen is much smaller than the 6600. the 6600 is also a brick.
    But it is a very, very functional brick, and that's my point. There are always tradeoffs, I guess, and we will probably all concede the Q's beauty. It gets back to the old question of which you prefer, a great phone with a mediocre PDA, or a great PDA with a mediocre phone.

    I'll wait until the next iteration.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    But it is a very, very functional brick, and that's my point. There are always tradeoffs, I guess, and we will probably all concede the Q's beauty. It gets back to the old question of which you prefer, a great phone with a mediocre PDA, or a great PDA with a mediocre phone.

    I'll wait until the next iteration.
    I want to have a functional phone first and foremost, not perfect since no US phone providers can even provide reliable basic wireless phone service from all corners of the USA and a PDA that is stable and useable anytime plus a consumer reasonable data rate. If the Q could provide that, then maybe the Q will be a great combo device.
  11. #151  
    the Q's phone is better than that of my old Treo 700w. how "you" want to measure that is up to you.
  12. #152  
    I'm curious, has anyone here that has tried the Q kept it?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I'm curious, has anyone here that has tried the Q kept it?
    Yes. My 14 day trial was up last Thursday and I ported over to Verizion from Cingular and have kept the phone and the service. Very pleased so far.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  14. #154  
    Thanks for the feedback. You were using the 650 on Cingular? Anything you miss alot? Other than EVDO, anything stand out as much better on the Q?

    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    Yes. My 14 day trial was up last Thursday and I ported over to Verizion from Cingular and have kept the phone and the service. Very pleased so far.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  15. #155  
    I returned my Q after two weeks. Too many limitations with the smartphone software and lack of touchscreen (which is just more efficient on a Treo for tapping on links, moving a scrollbar, etc. even just using a finger). The Treo is definitely bulkier, but it seems that at least in the last few months it's transcended dork status in New York (I see Treo's EVERYWHERE nowadays), so the Q wouldn't be such as a step up in the style department anyway.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Thanks for the feedback. You were using the 650 on Cingular? Anything you miss alot? Other than EVDO, anything stand out as much better on the Q?

    i kept my moto q and turned my treo 700w off. do i miss anything about the treo? maybe the touchscreen when browsing certain web pages. do i miss the poor battery life, the need to reset, the frozen screens, waiting for the camera to open/close, and the bulkiness/weight in pocket? no, not even a little bit.
  17.    #157  
    I have to say once I found a decent blue tooth headset (Jabra BT350) I have been much happier with the 700P as a phone. My wife hears no difference between the sound quality on the 700P as compared to the Q (that I had for 7 days). She is the proverbial acid test. She complained up a storm with the sound quality on the first generation Treo 650. The 700P has proved to be an excellent phone for me.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Thanks for the feedback. You were using the 650 on Cingular? Anything you miss alot? Other than EVDO, anything stand out as much better on the Q?
    650 on Cingular Blue (former AT&T Wireless - the phone I bought direct from Palm so I never had the Cingular issues everone else had).

    The only thing I totally miss is my Pocket Quicken - it's how I did all my receipts for personal purchases. My wife misses that too, but I hope a WMSmartphone version will come out at some point...or at least a competing product. Other than that I much prefer the Smartphone OS to the Palm - I always have. I liked the Treo700w and might have kept that had it not had such a memory issue and if the screen was 320x320. I don't miss the touch screen for the most part - I really feel that the WM Smartphone apps makers can't be lazy and put buttons on the screen and this makes the one handed use better. I also have Good installed which makes a BIG difference. I probably would not have kept the phone if Good wasn't supported on the Q. To make it's a night and day difference with Good on the device.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  19. #159  
    After having the Treo 600 and 650, I trialed the Q, and decided to keep it instead of getting the 700P.

    For me, the decision points were (in order of priority):
    *Voice dialing over bluetooth headset (very accurate, and never have to touch the phone)
    *Much easier and more comfortable to carry in pocket (pants or shirt)
    *In my two weeks of heavy usage, never reset or crashed even once (though I haven't yet installed 3rd party apps)
    *Verizon Wireless Sync works well (though I never tried this on the Treo)
    *I like the document viewer (can read documents at a small enough font to fit on screen), and have no need to edit documents on the device

    Dave.
  20. #160  
    I have to decide too. I am a 650 user GSM. I am leaning towards the Q. BT Stereo built in, fantastic overall BT, w/ PDA Net I can teather, use the GPS program i use on my laptop (www.alk.com) syb=nc w/ outlook, manage appointments, etc.

    w/ 3rd party software the calendar function can be upgraded. I bet we can find launchers too. w/ my 650 i have takephone, volume care, Key Suite, and others that make i functional. sine i don't edit documents I dont see the down side to the Q. Now granted i have not played with it for more tahn 5 minutes in circuit city. saying this i reall love my 650 but the BT issies are getting very old.

    if i prioritize things if importance they go

    1) phone (Tie)
    2) BT headset (q wins)
    3) calendar and contact (w/ 3rd party software tie i think)
    5) teathering (tie - Use PDA net on 650)
    6) Ipod replacement w/ wireless headphones (q wins)
    7) new capability for me is GPS (i love www.alk.com)
    8) entertainment games - not sure
    9) touch screen (treo) i realllike this feature.

    now what have i missed?



    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Yes, I'm going to have to decide between the two this week. I don't want to give up the Treo, but I'm really in love with the Q hardware. I have to say that for a phone, bluetooth, and internet access it has been working quite well. The contact are acceptable and with third-pary software the calendar can be acceptable also.
    _____________
    Visor -> Treo 650 Cingular UNLocked (Cing. Blue Phone on Orange Network) -> vzw 700p -> VZW Centro (much better)
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions