Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    My Treo 650 has been getting stellar battery life, ever since I disconnected it's Sprint service and relegated it to PDA-only duty.

I hard reset, and packed up my Q It was fun while it lasted, but she's gotta go back to Verizon. I'll bring it back in the next few days. I have until June 26th to keep it, but it's too much of a tease,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I hard reset, and packed up my Q It was fun while it lasted, but she's gotta go back to Verizon. I'll bring it back in the next few days. I have until June 26th to keep it, but it's too much of a tease,lol.
    I'm in the same boat but I can't find my receipt!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I'm sure as long as you bring it all back, even if you can't fine the receipt they will take it back. They know that you were trying it out.
    Jimmie Geddes
  5.    #125  
    Therein lies the problem. I agree that the Q is a superior phone. The Treo is a superior pda. My benchmarks between the Q and the 700P for data showed the 700P was faster - so I give the edge to the 700P. Why can't these two devices be squished into one? Why can't Treo get the phone part right?

I bought a Jabra HT500 bluetooth headset. It worked well with the Q, with no static. Voicesignal dialing was a little flaky, but the headset was awesome with the Q. Paired the headset with the 700p and it sounds like someone is making popcorn in the background (crackling). While I never dropped a call, the crackling was quite annoying.

On the flip side, hard reset the Q and hard reset the 700P and see which you can get back up and running faster. The 700P wins hands down, unless you purchase 3rd party apps for the Q.

I also prefer the 700P over the Q when sending/receiving text messages. The 700P allows you to see the message with 1 click. If there was an exchange of replies, it shows the previous messages and replies in a chat window. Much more elegant IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I do like the apps almost without exception better on the Treo, but the size, feel, phone quality, and bluetooth keep drawing me back to the Q. Battery life also seems to be getting better and better. The first day was terrible, but it seems to lasting longer and longer each day so far.
    I get speeds between 350 and 490kbps with my 700p. The q was as low as 30 and as high (today) 292kbps.
    Jimmie Geddes
    For whatever reason I never get that high with the Verizon 700p. The highest I got was 370k. I've gotten 760k on the Q. More normal speeds seem to be 250k on the 700p and 380k on the Q.

I get speeds between 350 and 490kbps with my 700p. The q was as low as 30 and as high (today) 292kbps.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    My Treo 650 has been getting stellar battery life, ever since I disconnected it's Sprint service and relegated it to PDA-only duty.
    LOL, and I save a lot of money on gas by leaving my car in the garage and riding a tricycle.
    Has anyone tried LogMeIn on the Q? I use this periodically on my PPC 6600, and even with the larger screen it is a bit of a pain....Can the Q even handle this without a touch-screen?

By the way, does the lack of a touch-screen improve the Q's "one-handedness"?

Thanks!
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    It definitely improves it's one handedness. I had the 6700 as well, and couldn't believe how much the 6700 didn't do one handed. I guess that's the great feature of the smartphone os and no touchscreen, it's forced to be one handed navigated.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    It definitely improves it's one handedness. I had the 6700 as well, and couldn't believe how much the 6700 didn't do one handed. I guess that's the great feature of the smartphone os and no touchscreen, it's forced to be one handed navigated.
    Here's the perfect solution: don't take out your stylus with a 6700 and pretend the touchscreen doesn't work. You can then "will" it to be a one-handed device!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Here's the perfect solution: don't take out your stylus with a 6700 and pretend the touchscreen doesn't work. You can then "will" it to be a one-handed device!
    Is that picture you have for your avatar a picture of you "willing" your 6700 into one handed nirvana?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    I don't have a 6700 anymore, but thanks for the tip. I have my Q packed up. I need to bring it back to Verizon. I am going to miss it. If Verizon wasn't so damn expensive I would have kept it, and my Sprint Treo 700p. I guess some things are just meant to be,lol, who really needs 2 phones? Geeks like us
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    Is that picture you have for your avatar a picture of you "willing" your 6700 into one handed nirvana?
    Actually, it's me crushing my 6700 to the size of a tic-tac case...but, hey, at least it has wi-fi.
    ...but, hey, at least it has wi-fi.
    That's the important thing.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    That's the important thing.
    I've had the phone a week and a half...and have had wi-fi turned on all of 3 minutes since I got it (enough time to enter my WEP key for my home network).

Yup. Love that wi-fi.
    I've had the phone a week and a half...and have had wi-fi turned on all of 3 minutes since I got it (enough time to enter my WEP key for my home network).

Yup. Love that wi-fi.
    I thought you tried it and packed it back up already..........I remember your initial review a bunch of threads ago, cuz I felt it mirrored my thoughts.

Still deciding?
    One of my partners just traded his old Kyocera on a Q, so I got the chance to play with it. It's a beautiful machine, with the same eye-candy value as a RAZR. However, for me at least, its functionality is lacking relative to my venerable PPC 6600. (The fact that we don't seem to have EVDO yet around here didn't help the Q's case.) If you disregard the thickness, the Q has the same width and height (roughly) as my 6600 with the keyboard closed. The screen is MUCH smaller, and the Smartphone software, especially the browser, do not live up to the same level of usability. I specifically tried to run LogMeIn, and recahed a "no frames" error.

Sorry, this thing won't cut it for me. Sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    I specifically tried to run LogMeIn, and recahed a "no frames" error.

Sorry, this thing won't cut it for me. Sadly.
    I wonder if logmein is not looking at the browser user agent string and sending the Moto to the desktop version, which uses frames. Maybe if the user agent string can be changed to the PPC version it would work properly.

Surur
    I guess that's possible. I use PIEPlus from Reensoft on the 6600 and you can specify the broser to "emulate", ie PIE, IE5, IE6, etc. Still, even if I could get it working, the screen is so darn small it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. And to top it off, the lack of touch screen control would be an even greater limitation.

I'm keeping my 6600 for the time being. Now if HTC or Moto wanted to make a Universal with the Q's form factor.......
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast