Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Quote Originally Posted by ndgns1 View Post
    once again.. unless im missing something???
    You are missing some of their best priceplans. Check out their SERO plans at sprint.com/sero

It will ask you for a Sprint employee address. john.smith@sprint.com works fine on that page. You will see a 500 minute plan with unlimited power vision, nights and weekends, picture mail, etc for $30/mo. The 700p is $349 with a service agreement.

Do a search here for SERO and you will get more information than you ever wanted.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Ahhhh... I knew if I said enough times "unless im missing something"

something would arise...hahahaha.. thanks stroths... it looks too good to be true though...Im one who is always suspecious of those things that look too good to be true..

i will search the forum for more info on sero.. thanks alot..
    So I am not in the smart/PDA phone game yet, but I have been thinking about it and the Treo and the Q were the two that peaked my interest.

I am really not sure what all I will use the phone for...but it will mainly be a phone and prb internet surfing.

So my question for users of both phones is how is the internet surfing? Can you go to sites like YouTube and watch videos or do you have to stick with near text based sites?

Also do either of these phones support things like the Slingbox?

Thanks.
    For Slingbox I think you need to stick with Windows Mobile (search here for Slingbox). I don't know if the Q supports that but the Treo 700w/wx would. I can't comment on web use on the Q but I find it pretty good with my 700p. I've used it a bit on the 700w and would give IE on WM5 the edge there. Haven't tried YouTube on the Treo.
    too bad sprint didn't work for me, i loved the 700wx...absolutely loved it COMPARED to the other devices in the Treo lineup. still wish it wasn't such a brick in pocket, i suppose the Q has spoiled me some. but believe it or not, i'm using my old 700w because i miss the operating system that much. so in the end (not having tried the Pearl), i'm a verizon guy and a Treo/Q lover at heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    For Slingbox I think you need to stick with Windows Mobile (search here for Slingbox). I don't know if the Q supports that but the Treo 700w/wx would.
    Slingbox works on the Q.
    the q freezes a couple times a week and needs to be reset. wm5 is not really that stable

700p runs on and on
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    R U serious? WM 5.0 is 1000 times more stable than POS. POS= spontaneous soft resets (even hard sometimes) and WM 5.0= VERY rare spontaneous resets and some to none user initiated resets.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    For youtube and streaming video, both of these use flash-based players embedded in the browser. I tried installing flash mobile (from the macromedia /adobe site) but then when you navigate to you-tube, it just says you need a newer version of flash, with a redirect to the flash page to download the monster version for desktop IE.

No workaround yet for you tube or Google video, unless you download the video file and watch it using TCPMP or media player.
    How can you get a family plan under the SERO discount? Or am I out of luck?
    get multiple sero accounts.
    There is now a workaround for YouTube and Google for WM5:

VidConvert

It's pretty neat on my PPC6700.

Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    For youtube and streaming video, both of these use flash-based players embedded in the browser. I tried installing flash mobile (from the macromedia /adobe site) but then when you navigate to you-tube, it just says you need a newer version of flash, with a redirect to the flash page to download the monster version for desktop IE.

No workaround yet for you tube or Google video, unless you download the video file and watch it using TCPMP or media player.
    I am trying to decide between the Moto Q and the Palm Treo, and was wondering if somebody could help me make a decision between the two. I am a Physician Assistant student, and I plan on purchasing one of the two by the end of the week. I need something to put some of my PA software on and such. I really like the Q, but am wondering if I should go with the Treo.

I have Windows Vista, and am unsure if either of these are compatible. Also, I am reading some of my software instructions, and it says to pick either the Palm OS or the Pocket PC icon (and if you have a Windows CE device to pick Pocket PC). So I am wondering if his narrows my decision down.

Basically, I am dazed and confused and know nothing. Do you mind sending some advice?
    I would suggest the Treo 700wx over the Q. The Treo is more "serious". It has the touch screen and runs Windows Mobile. On the flip side the Q is probably less likely the crash. I personally wouldn't go back to Palm OS. I was a big Palm OS fan until I got Windows Mobile... Yes I admit it. And I hate Microsoft...but when it comes to Mobile OS's, I think WM is the way to go for now.
    Go with the Treo 700wx.

The Moto Q uses Smartphone edition, so you may have issues with software.

I think the touchscreen and full Windows Mobile OS wins out over the crash prone Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibu1 View Post
    I need something to put some of my PA software on and such. I really like the Q, but am wondering if I should go with the Treo.
    why do you like the Q? and why do you wonder if you should go with the Treo? what really matters to you, what is most important? what do you really need the device to do for you? you can load apps on either, one has a touchscreen, one doesn't. one is the size of a brick, one isn't. do you intend to carry it in your pocket or in a case?

lets start there.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    you should go with the treo. I'd assume if you're a student you probably don't have time to charge your phone all day. Battery life was the killer for me with the Q. I could barely get through 5-6 hours with heavy use.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011