1.    #1  
    Whats up guys? Does anybody know hot to change the defualt buttons on the Cingular 8125 for example the buttons right ontop of the send/end calls, its set to factory as calender and the other one for contacts, I want to change the one for calender and replace it with the "today" button. Can anyone please help.

Thanks Carlos
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02
    Whats up guys? Does anybody know hot to change the defualt buttons on the Cingular 8125 for example the buttons right ontop of the send/end calls, its set to factory as calender and the other one for contacts, I want to change the one for calender and replace it with the "today" button. Can anyone please help.

Thanks Carlos
    Changing the softkeys is kind of dicey (think you'll have to edit the registry). Try smartkeys (free: http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...=267573#267573) and you can change a lot of key functions.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3.    #3  
    ok I just d/l smartskey, i put the smartskey.exe in my phonedirectory, do I need also to put the smartskey.ini into the phone directory as well? and if i do, how or where to I go to change the setting to remap the keys?

Once again thanks Carlos
    ok I just d/l smartskey, i put the smartskey.exe in my phonedirectory, do I need also to put the smartskey.ini into the phone directory as well? and if i do, how or where to I go to change the setting to remap the keys?

Once again thanks Carlos
    The .ini file needs to be with the executable (I'd put them both in the "Program" directory) and you edit the .ini file with any pure text editor per the instruction sin the download (I'd change the .ini before loading it to the phone).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  5.    #5  
    Where Can I Put It That It Will Be Executable
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    There is another option as well called "Soft Key". It changes the soft keys to any app you want without changing the registry. It also has a nice UI. I believe I got it at www.xda-developers.com if I'm not mistaken. If you can't find it let me know and I'll e-mail you the program when I get home. another option is called "New Menu for WM 5". All that program does though is replace one of your soft keys with the "New" menu that came with the previous WM OS. You can run both on your device as long as you install "Soft Key" first.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I noticed you want to change one of the soft keys to "Today". As far as I know, the options we're sharing with you only change thesoft keys on the Today screen. Once you launch a program, that program takes over the soft keys and uses them for commands that relate to that program. Therefore, having Tody assigned to a soft key won't be of any use since you'll already be at the Today sceen.

BTW, did you know that pressing the red phone key does essentially what you're looking for? In most instances, pressing the red phone button will bring you back to the Today screen.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  8.    #8  
    Your right didnt think of it that way, I am having truoble with smarts key and editing the ini file and where to located it after i edit it...
    Your right didnt think of it that way, I am having truoble with smarts key and editing the ini file and where to located it after i edit it...
    Presetted...I like that word!