Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    How the mighty have fallen to not even remain a target...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    who does this? WM5 is sooo stable, doesnt lag for me, i have plenty memory, and it never resets.
    It is a common theme here. The Windows Treo (as mediocre as it is) helped to lessen some of that rhetoric but it still exists. I think Palm really has a great deal to teach MS and its device manufacturers in regard to software and making the hardware work well with it. However, they also have a whole lot to learn about making a complete package that really functions.

My WM5 device doesn't reset unless I do it myself, the battery life is absolutely impressive, the keyboard is excellent, the screen is sharp and very bright, there is plenty of memory, very loud stereo speakers (how cool is that?!), the browser is the best on any PDA phone, and best of all...I enjoy using it.

...next week it gets even better, I have a HTC Universal on the way! It is probably too big and I might sell it soon but I want ed to see it in person so I just went for it.
    I personally am laughing so hard about the wild claimsin the Treo-Nation about the 700P going to be so fast and now there are so many complaints that it is as slow if not slower then the 650. I guess that dbcache increase wasn't the real issue was it???
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I personally am laughing so hard about the wild claimsin the Treo-Nation about the 700P going to be so fast and now there are so many complaints that it is as slow if not slower then the 650. I guess that dbcache increase wasn't the real issue was it???
    That's a lot to pay for upgrading to a.... what did they buy it for again?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    It was TSPERP(To Supplement Palm Executives Retirement Plans) and if they sell enough the Palm execs can go out and buy 6700's so they can have wifi is my second guess...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Mr. Salt? Meet Mr. Iodine...

Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    That's a lot to pay for upgrading to a.... what did they buy it for again?
    There are a lot of 700P wounds you guys need to tend to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5

...next week it gets even better, I have a HTC Universal on the way! It is probably too big and I might sell it soon but I want ed to see it in person so I just went for it.
    I was suprised at how small the universal is compared to all the hype I've heard. I, too, purchased one from MadMonkeyBoy just to see it in person. I scoured every TMobile store in NYC but it seems they don't carry MDA Pro dummy even!
    I ended up putting my Cingular 8125 up for sale after getting it!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    who is MadMonkeyBoy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Mr. Salt? Meet Mr. Iodine...

There are a lot of 700P wounds you guys need to tend to...
    Bad day? Bad life? Bad hair? Bad burrito? Bad breath? Bad gas?

Nt wounds, just getting a kick out of how the "perfect device" has so many minefields. We knew itwould be Complaints R Us around here but I frankly find this amazing how slow and unreliable the 700P is based on the reports we are hearing from people.

Who tested these devices?
    who is MadMonkeyBoy?
    http://www.dweiniger.com/

He is a gray market importer and a regular on Howard Forums.

Surur
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Bad day? Bad life? Bad hair? Bad burrito? Bad breath? Bad gas?

Nt wounds, just getting a kick out of how the "perfect device" has so many minefields. We knew itwould be Complaints R Us around here but I frankly find this amazing how slow and unreliable the 700P is based on the reports we are hearing from people.

Who tested these devices?
    Well...from the playing around I've done with a 700P I think my initial impressions are similar to those that were echoed before its release. The "virgin" model, at least, seems very slicks and speedy.

I think what you're seeing here is simply the fact that most people on this board are totally manic. They were exuberant about it's imminent release and equally exuberant (in a negative way) about it's quirks and problems.

Most of the complaints I'm seeing (with a few exceptions) seem to be around 3rd party aps not working 100%. This is totally normal for any new device. There are going to be quirks.

That said, I think that you're right about many here who picture the Treo as some kind of Nirvana and are blind to some of the shortcomings of the device.

I only say this as an observation...not an indictment -- but you, however, are the anti-geek when it comes to the Treo. Your posts are nearly all cynical and snide -- the Treo can do no right for you. So you're pretty much made from the same cloth -- just the reverse pattern.
    I am nice by nature and tried being nice but you among others asked me to go back to being cynical. I can't win...pray for me.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I am nice by nature and tried being nice but you among others asked me to go back to being cynical. I can't win...pray for me.
    I don't think I asked you to go back to being cynical. If I ever did say that, I was being cynical.
    figures...

I seem to be the only one challenging Palm to do the right thing. It is a lonely soap box so maybe I am wrong and the 700P is the greatest ever. Ifso why all the complaint threads? Looks to me I am not the complainer I am the one telling them to get there act together so I can buy another Treo. What is so hard to understand about that?

Not sure what an anti-geek is but hey if I am then so be it.

Ok, off the soapbox, being quiet now and letting the complaints mount.
    Well...from the playing around I've done with a 700P I think my initial impressions are similar to those that were echoed before its release. The "virgin" model, at least, seems very slicks and speedy.

I think what you're seeing here is simply the fact that most people on this board are totally manic. They were exuberant about it's imminent release and equally exuberant (in a negative way) about it's quirks and problems.

Most of the complaints I'm seeing (with a few exceptions) seem to be around 3rd party aps not working 100%. This is totally normal for any new device. There are going to be quirks.

That said, I think that you're right about many here who picture the Treo as some kind of Nirvana and are blind to some of the shortcomings of the device.

I only say this as an observation...not an indictment -- but you, however, are the anti-geek when it comes to the Treo. Your posts are nearly all cynical and snide -- the Treo can do no right for you. So you're pretty much made from the same cloth -- just the reverse pattern.
    Discolored screen, battery life worse than the 650 and a slow processor. These are third party apps? I think not my bend-over-and-take-a-good-Palming apologist friend.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Discolored screen, battery life worse than the 650 and a slow processor. These are third party apps? I think not my bend-over-and-take-a-good-Palming apologist friend.
    I didn't see any of those problems with the the 2 units I used...that was my point. It wasn't until I started adding 3rd party applications to my 650 that I started to see freezes and reboots.

I think the 700 is just fine from a hardware perspective...even if it's missing wi-bi...
    careful Geatches, you will be asailed as a snide, cynical and an anti-geek if you point out deficiencies, pants is on the warpath to protect the integrity of Palm. good thing the Washington Post is on the story and agrees the 700 is not worth it.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    careful Geatches, you will be asailed as a snide, cynical and an anti-geek if you point out deficiencies, pants is on the warpath to protect the integrity of Palm. good thing the Washington Post is on the story and agrees the 700 is not worth it.
    I'm not here to defend Palm. For cripes sake (a great Minnesota term)...I've already admitted I'm leaving Palm behind! But I don't think it's fair to flatly say that Palm sucks and I'm not going into a Palm mashing mode simply because the 700 doesn't live up to my expectations.

You seem to be totally blind to anything positive about Palm...

Man gharrod...I already have a nagging wife...I don't need this crap!
    I'm not here to defend Palm. For cripes sake (a great Minnesota term)...I've already admitted I'm leaving Palm behind! But I don't think it's fair to flatly say that Palm sucks and I'm not going into a Palm mashing mode simply because the 700 doesn't live up to my expectations.

You seem to be totally blind to anything positive about Palm...

Man gharrod...I already have a nagging wife...I don't need this crap!
    I don't like to be a nay sayer or state something without proof, but I'm pretty sure Palm is the devil and you are his seed.

That being said, I believe both gharrod and I (as well as others) have stated we are Palm fans, that's why we post on this site. Palm has put out an inferior product and as loyal customers we are obliged to hold them accountable. Is that so hard to understand?
  20.    #40  
    READ MY SIGNATURE! What in the world did the Palm universe expect from the 700p? They did get EV-DO, so now they're only ONE generation behind the PPC 6700.

Anybody see the Veirzon ad blitz for the Moto Q this morning - three plays during Fox & Friends alone.

By the way, gharrod - I already cemented my reputation around here, before the millenium, as a Palm critic, fan or not. I had email exchanges with Ms. Dubinsky before the 600 saw light telling Palm it needed a removable battery, and I've been on them about mini-USB and WiFi forever. You are not alone soldier.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast