Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'd simply play dumb with Sprint and tell them you can get a Treo 700P from Verizon for $399 plus a 25% corporate discount...making it $300...tell them is such a great price blah blah blah...That's essentially what I did...and they had no problem dropping me from $449 to $150 on the 6700.

I'll bet they'd do something similar on the 700P...maybe not right now so close to launch...but in a month or so I'd think you could score one for $200 or less if you play the game with them.

I guess I'm assuming you're already with Sprint?

I am so hoping they'll let me do the $100 mail-in rebate. At $50 for the phone I might just have to keep my 650 and sell the 6700 on e-bay and pocket the difference for a nextgen WM device later this year...
    But still, I could give the "Match this" routine with the 6700 as well. This is why I said it was more than just a dollar figure. It would take going outside of Sprint (not leaving them, but buying the Treo elsewhere) to get more discounts. Palm Developer, Palm Trade-In, etc, and a few other deals from friends in the know. However, if I could score a 700p for $200 even if the 6700 were at equal price, the Palm gets serious consideration.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    and now we know why pants boy has been so cranky, the prospects of a WM5 device...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    and now we know why pants boy has been so cranky, the prospects of a WM5 device...
    Cranky?

Look who's calling the kettle black!?!

And, does this mean you admit that that going to WM5 guarantees to make one cranky? Do you assume that just because someone owns a WM5 they must be a cranky soul?

I proclaim to the world here and now...I am leaving my Treo 650 behind. No more sprouts. No more organically grown lucky charms. No more hormone-free, pesticide-free, naturally flavored corn-based toilet paper for me! No. I am no longer pure and innocent for I have forsaken my Treo family for the forbidden fruit. Call me Adam...for I stray. I shall sin and sin hard....

I am windows. Hear me...I am now cranky!

[EDIT: just an interesting side note: This is my 699th post. My very next post, if you can believe it, will be 700. How apt is that? The single solitary post before 700 forsakes a 700 in my future.]
    [EDIT: just an interesting side note: This is my 699th post. My very next post, if you can believe it, will be 700. How apt is that? The single solitary post before 700 forsakes a 700 in my future.]
    Make sure the post is meaningless, the irony...
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar

Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    And you're implying that post 699 wasn't meaningless...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Cranky?

And, does this mean you admit that that going to WM5 guarantees to make one cranky? Do you assume that just because someone owns a WM5 they must be a cranky soul?

I proclaim to the world here and now...I am leaving my Treo 650 behind. No more sprouts. No more organically grown lucky charms. No more hormone-free, pesticide-free, naturally flavored corn-based toilet paper for me! No. I am no longer pure and innocent for I have forsaken my Treo family for the forbidden fruit. Call me Adam...for I stray. I shall sin and sin hard....

Welcome to the ranks of the impure and unwashed. The antichrist has claimed your soul as you traverse the darkside of WM5. Pay homage to Bill...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    meaningless

adj : having no meaning or direction or purpose; "a meaningless endeavor"; "a meaningless life"; "a verbose but meaningless explanation" [syn: nonmeaningful] [ant: meaningful]

Source: WordNet 2.0, 2003 Princeton University
    meaningless

adj : having no meaning or direction or purpose; "a meaningless endeavor"; "a meaningless life"; "a verbose but meaningless explanation" [syn: nonmeaningful] [ant: meaningful]

Source: WordNet 2.0, 2003 Princeton University
    Perfect, you are an inspiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar

And you're implying that post 699 wasn't meaningless...
    and 698, 697, 696, 695.............. By my count, Haggar's had 16 posts that have value, 15 more than me!
    Last edited by geatches; 06/03/2006 at 11:28 AM.
    and 698, 697, 696, 695.............. By my count, Haggar's had 16 posts that have value, 15 more than me!
    And to think he only warmed up to this in the last month or so!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I think you miscounted one...
    I think you miscounted one...
    O.K., I might not have a valuable post, but I do taste great and I'm less filling!
    Cranky?

I guess more correctly I should have said humorless and near blinded by the prospect of coming to the dark side which addresses the future of this converged marketplace.

Do you go to a Sprint store on Sunday morning for confession?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    O.K., I might not have a valuable post, but I do taste great and I'm less filling!
    "You can call me Ray...or you can call me Jay...or can call me..."

please? I'm not the ONLY one who remembers those classic beer commericals, am I? You know...the ones where they actually depicted DRUNK people in alcoholic beverage ad?
    "You can call me Ray...or you can call me Jay...or can call me..."

please? I'm not the ONLY one who remembers those classic beer commericals, am I? You know...the ones where they actually depicted DRUNK people in alcoholic beverage ad?
    but ya doesn't have to call me Johnson.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Do you go to a Sprint store on Sunday morning for confession?
    What I do with my God and my religion is none of your business...

(dang...I am getting cranky and humorless...and I don't even HAVE the 6700 yet. Eeek!)
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    but ya doesn't have to call me Johnson.
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    Try this one...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Try this one...
    Now those were the days. A quality drink from men with style...
    Now those were the days. A quality drink from men with style...
    Hey, clear your damn PMs.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast