Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Wizard owners, note the extra buttons. No more smartkeys!

The very good 2 megapixel camera has an excellent macro mode. Note the scroll wheel.

Now all it needs is OCR.

Its looking pretty cool. It should be out soon now.

http://www.pdagold.com/articles/detail.asp?a=283

Surur
    im jus gonna stop reading these threads, im not in the market for a new phone but yall is gonna make me spend more money
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I'm right behind CPcrazyfly in line to get one of these. I don't need it -- my T650 is fine -- but I NEED it anyway.
    As soon as Cingular powers up a few HSDPA towers, I'm on this thing like a duck on a bug (my 8125 hasn't even gotten any decent fingerprints on it yet)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    is it just me or does it have a video cam on the front side? great idea for video conferencing...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    is it just me or does it have a video cam on the front side? great idea for video conferencing...
    funny u say that, thats EXACTLY why its there, i read it somewhere.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Hmmm...no 2.5 or 3.5 mm headphone jack, and they move to microSD (I'm just now getting a miniSD for my MDA after using regular SD on the Treo!)...but despite these annoyances I will probably eventually get the Hermes anyway.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I would make babies with that phone. DAMN. I've been jocking it hardcore. If Cingular can't a highspeed tower up near me though, it is WORTHLESS. Ready to jump ship when that comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Hmmm...no 2.5 or 3.5 mm headphone jack, and they move to microSD (I'm just now getting a miniSD for my MDA after using regular SD on the Treo!)...but despite these annoyances I will probably eventually get the Hermes anyway.
    Those DEFINITELY belong in the "What were they thinking department?" particularly the downsizing of the memory slot (AGAIN!). It's as if flash card manufacturer's owned the stock in these cell companies.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    UMTS has the power and ability to do video conferencing calls..thats why most UMTS PPCs have it (although the only one i can think of is the universal to date lol)

Hey i would have you people know...THAT IM FIRST IN LINE...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Those DEFINITELY belong in the "What were they thinking department?" particularly the downsizing of the memory slot (AGAIN!). It's as if flash card manufacturer's owned the stock in these cell companies.
    Agreed! I can't wait until the phone I get in late 2007/early 2008 forces me to buy some sort of nanoSD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    this part i truly do hate as well...i dont mind giving up my 4GB regular sized SD but this is getting annoying...regular to miniSD was alright...but now to microSD...and yeah the natural progression is nanoSD..annoying big time
    I want CDMA!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    CDMA sucks though. You cannot easily change your phones with Sprint. If they implemented R-UIM cards I would be cool with it, but otherwise meh. I dont want to always carry my 6700. Somedays I want to use my Treo 650 without forwarding calls to it. I would also like a cheapo Nokia for when I play hockey or am going to be active and outdoors. I want a slim phone like the RAZR or the SLVR when I need to be fashionable. Sometimes you just dont need a mini-laptop in your pocket. On the note of MicroSD. Transflash is TINY. I mean truley small. I didn't realize it until I saw my buddies Motorola ROKR. Damn you could lose that easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Wizard owners, note the extra buttons. No more smartkeys!
    Not sure about the positioning of Start and OK buttons, I can see those being a bit of pain to use.
    On the other hand, macro looks great. Really useful if it can reliably take good pics of text. I wonder if the words are equally clear on the device screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    Not sure about the positioning of Start and OK buttons, I can see those being a bit of pain to use.
    i have those keys on my Qtek S200...very natural!
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    CDMA sucks though. You cannot easily change your phones with Sprint. If they implemented R-UIM cards I would be cool with it, but otherwise meh. I dont want to always carry my 6700.
    I agree that is a cool and very useful feature, but it is not worth having to pay an extra $50-$80 or more a month to get a comparable plan with a GSM carrier that offers the minutes, data plan, and roaming options that I need.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 06/01/2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i have those keys on my Qtek S200...very natural!
    But aren't they for the phone keys, rather than keys you'd rather push without having to look for them like the Start and Ok, which are used so often? My first thought was that it would be all to easy to push buttons above or below the Start and Ok. Of course I haven't used the Hermes, so I'm just guessing.

EDIT. Just looked at a pic of the S200 and the buttons in question seem much better differentiated from their neighbours than those on the Hermes. Can't be sure from pics of course.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast