Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    the hermes looks pretty cool. any word on what the successor to the 6700 for sprint will be?
    All my sources at Sprint are being VERY tight lipped. Sprint has recently been at the top with new phones, but they are falling WAY behind now. I really hope the silence means great things vs nothing.
    Here's another device with more functionality than what Palm currently offers which makes it easier when considering whether or not to dump Palm based products like the Treo. When will they start to offer what the competition offers in a small form factor? Such as the higher resolution camera with LED flash on the back and front camera for video conferencing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
    Such as the higher resolution camera with LED flash on the back and front camera for video conferencing.
    video conferencing on a smartphone still has a way to go....how many people are actually using their landline phones to do video conferencing?
    Do we have a solid date for the cingular drop? Is there a possibility of T-Mo USA carrying the Hermes since Vodafone Ger and T-Mo EU are both carrying it? Is T-Mo USA going to roll out 3 G at all, or are they going right from 2.5 to 4G?
    Msmobile have posted a photoshoot of the Hermes, but no word on any problems of 3G connection. Its nice to see that user can actually see the keypad in backlighting mode.

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5368.html
    I hope the prices for this thing perform the way the E61 prices did (as in they drop rapidly a couple of weeks after launch). The E61 is interesting but the little nubby stick instead of the D-pad kinda doesn't thrill me. I had the MDA and was pretty nearly thrilled so I'm thinking that the Hermes/TyTN will perhaps push things over the top for me. (C'mon T-Mobile USA. Go get some cool phones for a change.)
    Engaget has a review from a french site. The translation sucks, but it does give some bits of info.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...k-9600-hermes/
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    Msmobile have posted a photoshoot of the Hermes, but no word on any problems of 3G connection. Its nice to see that user can actually see the keypad in backlighting mode.

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5368.html
    No news would seem to be good news about the 3G.

Device looks nice, if a little on the fat side for my tastes. I really do wish they'd come to market with the svelte, keyboardless, Magician/Prophet replacement before this big ol' Hermes thing. The HTC Trinity looks good, or at least will do when thet sort the buttons out. What is it with HTC and buttons on their prototypes?
    does anybody know the NOR/NAND distribution of memory and ROM? Is it like the 700w, which MS has said provides the fastest experience to the user?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    No idea about NOR/NAND but looking at the video linked from the msmobiles article, the device takes a long time to boot but seems reasonably snappy after that (with not much running though, so the device not really being taxed).
  12.    #72  
    I'm sure its the now usual NAND memory. Palm tried a special trick with the NOR RAM for the OS and the only 32MB SD RAM. HTC does not do this usually.

Surur
    HTC Hermes ( HERM100 ) Pocket PC approved by FCC in USA
    July 04, 2006 [Pocket PC phone]

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5344.html

It is a sign, that this excellent 3G Pocket PC phone with a genuine wheel, will be sold also in USA!

Interestingly HTC has outsourced FCC approval process to Advance Data Technology Corporation (ADT), that has carried out tests to prove that this Pocket PC phone is compliant with radiation standards in USA.

Here are some highlights from this testing documentation:
    both 802.11g and 802.11b are supported with full speeds:
    802.11b: 11/5.5/2/1Mbps
    802.11g: 54/48/36/24/18/12/9/6Mbps
    maximal transmission speed over Bluetooth in this phone is 723Kbps
    model name is "HERM100" what confirms that code name "HTC Hermes" is correct (please note: FCC ID is however: "NM8HERM100")
    the phone can be used as modem for a notebook - it was also tested in this configuration
    tests has been carried out in both GSM bands : GSM850 (called also "GSM band") and GSM1900 (called also "PCS band") what indicates that this phone is a quad-band phone that supports both GSM bands currently operational in USA
    the tests encompass measurements in UMTS/HSDPA bands (that operate in 2.1 GHz range) - for example SAR measurements for operation in these bands are presented
    To find all testing documents submitted to FCC related to HTC Hermes click here.

I know I am living in a fantasy world, but.........Where is the CDMA / EVDO testing???????
    you already have broadband in the form of the 6700.

this device is broadband for us GSM users.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I haven't been so excited by a device since before I got my 650. Some of the UTMS speeds being reported are pretty good.

The things that are drawing me to the TyTn are; jog wheel, triband UTMS, wifi, high speed processor so Skype can run, and WM5. I basically stopped buying POS software last year because I sort of knew that I would move to WM.

All I am waiting for now is for a US release on the unlocked version and a price around $600.

Although I really like it I am in no rush. My 650 is still working great.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    you already have broadband in the form of the 6700.

this device is broadband for us GSM users.
    We need this device for CDMA. Things that I want.

Ev-DO Rev A
    No antennea
    Jog wheel
    612MHz processor
    Higher resolution camera
    .3MP for video confrencing

Until the bolded items are available I wouldn't even consider upgrading. It would then depend on which of the others where included.

Or if UMTS comes to my area...
    Last edited by ls3mach; 07/27/2006 at 08:17 AM.
    I can't wait for this phone to drop! Now the only thing is TMo? or Cing?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234