1.    #1  
    The upcoming HTC Breeze has been reviewed by Mobinaute. The HTC breeze will be the first UMTS WM Smartphone (The HTC Universal is the one and only UMTS WM PPC Phone).

Its a rather pedestrian and even boring device, the main feature being the 3G connectivity and video calling, but if you refuse to buy a phone these days without fast WAN connectivity this may be the smartphone for you.

Original Review

Babelfish Translation

Of note and probably more interesting is this picture with the Breeze next to the HTC Hermes. It appears the device is floating around being reviewed, so its likely to be out soon (next few weeks).

I am personally waiting for the FSC Loox T830 or the HTC Muse, which have unique features which make them more of an upgrade to current generation devices. The HTC Muse will have 4GB of NAND and a music orientated design (+ FM Radio, TV out), while the T830 will have built-in GPS Receiver and Qwerty keyboard. Both will of course have UMTS, WIFI, Bluetooth, 2 Mpixel cameras, video conferencing etc.

Hopefully this year will start heating up soon and we will see some more exciting WM devices.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 05/28/2006 at 05:57 PM.
    The Benq p51 is supposed to be coming out in June, I think. That's a nice looking device. But last I heard it wasn't even going to support EDGE. Hopefully, for their sake, they change that spec before releasing it.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  3.    #3  
    The BenQ P51 is a bit of a last generation device. For late 2006/2007 a device really needs to have 3G. The HP 6915 will suffer in the same way (in comparative reviews at least). I love its 128MB real RAM however (vs the 64MB in 90% of the recent devices).

Surur
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I like it. The Benq has been coming out FOREVER. Worthless now anyway. I drafted some designs for a PDAPhone, anyone know where I can send them? I want to design these things as some of the designs are just bad. I always here if you can do better, go for it. Well I did a couple rough drafts and want to submit them. I figure HTC is my best bet because they seem to be the most inovative right now. Anyone have any thoughts for me?
    ls3mach, if you get a hold of some contacts somewhere please let me know as I've got several ideas as well.

BTW, the p51 is the update to the p50. The p50 arrived too late to market and came out shortly after WM5 devices started to appear. It was still stuck with WM2003SE which was a problem due to its one-hand-centric physical design. You can buy the p50 from various places online. The p51 is an update to the p50 and adds new features and WM5. It's not out yet (supposedly soon). The specs all look very good except for the lack of EDGE or UMTS (GPRS only) which, of course, is a *big* omission.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    i love my Qtek S200 (HTC Prophet) but man I crave the HTC Hermes....bring on the hermes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i love my Qtek S200 (HTC Prophet) but man I crave the HTC Hermes....bring on the hermes!!!
    Oh Hofo,
    It's not that great !!
    The thumb has to hyperflex to hit the call button at the lower end of the screen. I always feel the device would fall from my hand doing that.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Oh Hofo,
    It's not that great !!
    The thumb has to hyperflex to hit the call button at the lower end of the screen. I always feel the device would fall from my hand doing that.
    which device are you speaking of? the Prophet (S200)..well you would have to be referring to that as the Hermes is not out yet
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

I am personally waiting for the FSC Loox T830 or the HTC Muse, which have unique features which make them more of an upgrade to current generation devices. The HTC Muse will have 4GB of NAND and a music orientated design (+ FM Radio, TV out), while the T830 will have built-in GPS Receiver and Qwerty keyboard. Both will of course have UMTS, WIFI, Bluetooth, 2 Mpixel cameras, video conferencing etc.
    Muse may be vaporware at this point

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...ed857c87e5c220