Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    /\ /\ Noticed some typos, guess I am still getting used to this new keyboard.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    -there are no "speed dial shortcuts" on the Today screen. you can assign a speed dial to a phone number but not a shortcut.
    You might want to try loading up the 700w's speed/picture dial app onto the Q?

I know they have hacked it out of the ROM for other WM devices but dont know if anyone has tried to run it on a WM Smartphone edition... see that XDA developers forum/web site for more info (I think its XDA or something like that).
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    One thing I found out last night is that Smartphone edition does not have a built in spell checker??? At least it didn't in Outlook Mobile...or i couldn't find it...but the built in auto complete kind of helps to make sure I am spelling words correctly.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Another thing. My 2 gb mini sd card doesn't show up in any directory while my 128 mb one does. Does anybody know if the Q doesn't spport 2gb cards?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    2nd full day and i'm starting to like it more and more (remember, it's all about emails, internet, phone, and most importantly form-factor for me). i am starting to truly appreciate its size and i'm starting to lose that "it feels cheap" feeling and now adopting a "i can't believe it does so much while being so thin" mentality. so far (for me) the device is doing everything that "i was doing" on my Treo700 but doing it with so much less weight and bulk. it's really cool putting the phone down and picking it up without worrying about fumbling it around, it really adds to the experience. i yet to download any apps from the Microsoft website and have yet to try out the audio/video aspect of it (i really don't use these features much as i carry an ipod). i think the battery life is making me the happiest as I've never gone this long without an intra-day charge (yes, i receive that many email transmissions per day).

so far so great, will continue to post as we go along.
    I got one in my store today. I was playing around with it for about a half hour and I really do like it. I was very suprised that vzw did not put a whole bunch of their apps in it. I also like how they are covering their behinds on the box on how bluetooth capable, for certain profiles. I wonder how crippled the bt actually is? This is making me very impatient about waiting for the gsm version.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I played with one for about 10 minutes at a local verizon store today. The display unit was not workiing....probably because it was not charged, so I couldn't really check out the software part of the Q.

As for the hardware, the size and the weight were very impressive. Thin and light, plus style. The keys were of decent size...but they felt "hard" and somewhat uncomfortable to use. My biggest disappointment was actually the construction of the phone, not sure if it was a demo unit thing or not. The whole unit just felt plastic and cheap, which simply didn't match its stylish metalic look. The 5-way D pad, in particular, did not inspire confidence.

Q, based on my limited experience, feels more like a consumer device than a business tool.
    As I've mentioned before... I thought I'd give the Q a try even though I was pretty much already planning to get the Treo 700p on Sprint. One of the biggest turn offs for me on the device was the "feel" part which just didn't feel consistent with what I'd expect from the appearance (and Motorola's other phones). It's true that additional weight on a device like this is not a good thing, but this thing just feels a bit too lightweight. So in your case, it wasn't that your unit was a demo unit, that's actually how the device feels.

The consumer/prosumer feel with the combination of WM5 Smartphone makes it feel sort of like a "Smartphone Lite" when compared to something like the Treo, but then again, I think this may have been what Motorola was shooting for when they designed it (more mainstream buyers). Unfortunately, as I've already mentioned before, Verizon's data plan pricing is not very consistent with this product positioning. Still, it would seem that good marketing, the cool factor, and hype is going a long way driving initial sales.
    The accessories for Motorola Q from Seidio is available

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...S&Category=924

WE will add some more in the next few weeks Like clear case, skin case holster, car kits, desktop cradle etc..

Seidio
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123