Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    The media blitz for the Q has been huge. Motorola is pulling out all the stops for this one. I have a feeling it could be the IPOD of smartphones.
    I don't think there can be an "iPod" of smartphones. The reason for it is that for many reasons Apple created an industry with the iPod and everyone else played catch-up.

    Smartphones are an established market with no particular leader -- nor has there ever been an established leader in the market.

    At his point I think it's too late for any amount of marketing to sway enough of the market to one specific device to create an iPod-like dominance...but the Q does have a certain "something" that will help it garner a lot of interest.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I don't think there can be an "iPod" of smartphones. The reason for it is that for many reasons Apple created an industry with the iPod and everyone else played catch-up.

    Smartphones are an established market with no particular leader -- nor has there ever been an established leader in the market.

    At his point I think it's too late for any amount of marketing to sway enough of the market to one specific device to create an iPod-like dominance...but the Q does have a certain "something" that will help it garner a lot of interest.
    If anyone can do it with Smartphones, it will be Motorola and Microsoft.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    If anyone can do it with Smartphones, it will be Motorola and Microsoft.

    Only Nokia has the hardware ( 4GB), close to Ipod so far. Microsoft and Motorola are still talking in megabytes.

    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  4. #44  
    I don't think they're literally talking about an iPod killer - but Moto setting the standard for the industry. I don't think they will in the sense of the iPod. There's nothing really "revolutionary" about the "Q" - a good design though
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  5. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Only Nokia has the hardware ( 4GB), close to Ipod so far. Microsoft and Motorola are still talking in megabytes.

    Samsung was the first manufacture to put a HD into a cell phone...and it was based on WM Smartphone edition.. the Nokia came later...

    Those are the facts jack
  6. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #46  
    I believe the point that was trying to be made is that this device will be the "breakthrough" of smartphones to the masses. Up until now, even the Treo was more for the "slightly in the know" of "phone/pda tech". This pda phone will be the first to truly attract "every man". (overuse of " " ? )
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  7. #47  
    If anyone saw the Verizon ad blitz this morning (saw it on Fox and NBC) they are aiming it as "the smartphone" for "everyman" (I like those " " too). Seriously, it's the same approach PALM took ten years ago with the PalmPilot - finally, the first real PDA - sound familiar?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  8. Dim-Ize's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #48  
    I find my present situation - quite interesting.

    I am so ready to buy a new Palm phone - and there isn't one available.

    Having been a Palm Fan Boy for quite some time - I'm amazed at how well the competition has caught up.

    The Q - well, in spite of the few short commings it has - is impressive to this fan boy. So much so - that I'm beginning to get frustrated. When almost 90% of the new posts on these boards are related to phones that I cannot use (since I'm GSM) - it simply raises my purchasing decision.

    I'm going to stay with my carrier and wait out the storm.

    But, good grief - this phone needs its own forum for sure (staying on topic). And Palm really needs to get with the program (off topic) and get a comparable product out or they will surely fall by the wayside.
  9. #49  
    correct me if im wrong, and this is probably totally of topic. but didn't verizon have an exclusivity with the Q? and if so, then why does Telus (canadian carrier) have the Moto Q now?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions