Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    ...and give us a good opportunity for cross-pollination.
    Eeeek. I'd hate to see Insertion and Geatches cross-pollinate!!
    I see gex just opened a post on his new Q and is continuing the discussion at qusers. Hmmm.

The typical Q buyer is not likely to be the same as the typical Treo buyer. The price point will ensure that. But there will be a core of people like the crew at TC who will buy a Q. I will when GSM comes to Q-land. I like the fact that TC covers the other stuff. When I got my MDA I liked the fact that I could post about it here. When I got the BB I went to blackberryforums and it ain't the same there. It's the people here that make TC and I'd hope you can extend that to other devices. When I left Treoland temporarily I missed TC. I will buy more Treos and other phones and doo dads for other phones.

Marcus, please expand the base to include other devices.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I like TC too! The people here are generally cool and find that I no longer go to other message boards like pdaphonehome.com and howardsforums...

...but there are a lot of people over at qusers who would never come here because they have no interest in treos and was feeling like I was repeating myself at both places
    Q buyers will care about the Q. What does it do? Etc. They need a place to go for that. One WILL emerge. Maybe it is qusers. Maybe hofo, but I think it is too cluttered and intimidating for most neophytes. The advantage of TC is that it has the right tone and the right people. It is a matter of transferring that intangible -- the tone and people -- to new platforms. I watch qusers. I'd prefer to stay here with the people who inhabit the place. It is really useful to hear from someone like gex who has a 700w and a Q. Or me with the Treo --> MDA --> BB --> Treo dance. Or many many others who know multiple devices -- and are willing to share. That's what TC has.

Add subforums at other handhelds. Q. Wizard/8125/6700/MDA. Etc. See how they do. Maybe make them standalone sites too so people don't say 'peh, Treopeople.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    That is really gross
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I think it would be a good idea for a Q subforum. As Viking said, we are a community (eccentric maybe) but a more knowledgeable group of geeks doesn't exist (I hang around other sites as well, and we rock). Perhaps the idea of subforums under "Other Handhelds" would be a good solution, and give us a good opportunity for cross-pollination.
    I think no, this is TREOCENTRAL for a reason. PDAPhoneHome and Hofo have a MUCH larger user base. They are all types. To be quite honest, and I hope noone takes too much offense, I find the people here are substantially less knowledgable as whole. Some of the regulars at PDAPhoneHome and XDA are amazingly knowledgeable. I like this crowd better though. Much friendlier discussion here. Seems everyone knows everyone.
    Oh man, there goes another breakfast...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Why not use www.myqcentral.com to start discussions about the Motorola Q phone?
    -bs
    I would not be unhappy. The double-negative to this isn't quite accurate...but I would not protest.

In other words...sure!
    I may or may not agree.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    That is really gross
    especially if you seen us naked
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I may or may not agree.
    Signs point to YES...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    especially if you seen us naked
    Signs point to NO
    Signs point to NO
    Downward for sure.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Downward for sure.
    Aint that the long, soft truth!
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Treo Fan-Boy...

But I think this phone needs its own forum.

I saw one tonight at Circuit City (Franklin, TN). Unfortunately, I had little time to play with it - other than hold it, play with the jog dial for a second and admire the form factor.

This phone is gonna sell like hot cakes. There will be a large following - simply due to the mass appeal of the size.

Allot of people don't want to hassle / tinker with a handheld. Those are the folks that will suck this thing off the shelves.

There was only one left at the store.

Plus - having a seperate forum will keep the threads a bit more sorted.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    Plus - having a seperate forum will keep the threads a bit more sorted.
    Hmmm...geatch...I think Dim is trying to tell us something?
    Hmmm...geatch...I think Dim is trying to tell us something?
    Dim, some character. Is that a food?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Dim, some character. Is that a food?
    Just realized...if you re-arrange his name it says "Ize Dim"...hmmm...seems so bright to me.
    The media blitz for the Q has been huge. Motorola is pulling out all the stops for this one. I have a feeling it could be the IPOD of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    The media blitz for the Q has been huge. Motorola is pulling out all the stops for this one. I have a feeling it could be the IPOD of smartphones.
    I agree, Q will be the biggest thing to hit the market since the razor.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast