Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For how I use my devcie, me and Sascha are on the same page:

The Treo 700p offers an excellent balance of phone functions, PIM, media, and high-speed Internet access. It's a joy to use and will satisfy all but the geekiest feature hounds. For that, it's a worthy Editors' Choice.
    http://www.pcmag.com/compare_product...pt=10&sid=1713

A person with different priorities might think otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Could it be? Could all of those folks in mental institutions around the world actually be using their WM5 devices and we're just mistaking them for psychotics?

Maybe that guy in the corner actually is talking to Jerry Lewis?
    YES I AM, SO WHAT??? Jealous that Jerry is not talking to you I suppose???
    That's the OTHER problem I had with voice command. I was feeling a bit like Wesley Crusher...
    What is a Wesley Crusher? Sounds like a drink at a bad bar...
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    For how I use my devcie, me and Sascha are on the same page:

http://www.pcmag.com/compare_product...pt=10&sid=1713

A person with different priorities might think otherwise.
    And if I didn't already have a 650 and the 700p was out in GSM, I'd have jumped on it. But now I'd have to sell my 650 to justify getting a 700p. There's no real reason for me to get the 700p as of now, even if it did come out in GSM, because they are so similar. Although I may consider it, I'm just not keen on this one like I am the WM5 phones.
    has anyone tried seeing what your Treos are worth on the Circuit City program where they give you gift card in exchange for your old device? they seem to be pretty generous from what I can tell.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    What is a Wesley Crusher? Sounds like a drink at a bad bar...
    You had to ask... find out about Wesley
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Not AIDS and cancer, but the 700p is the cure for the 650's shortcomings.
    The only thing the 700p is a cure for is the boredom and relentless need for some technophiles to have the latest and newest toy. That said, I'm the only one in a sea of workplace Treo users with a 700p, and it makes me feel infinitely superior. This week, anyway...
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    One more former Treo user crosses over to the Dark Side

I very much enjoy my new 6700, and here is a thread where you can find a "friendly" discussion on the 6700, along with software and toys available for it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=1&pp=20
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    All in all...as I've said before...if you're looking for a great phone with PDA functionality -- the Treo is the best platform in my opinion. If you're looking for the best PDA and want some phone functionality the WindowsMobile (IE the 6700) is a great choice.

I would call ,Treo everything except a great phone. If the basic function of voice reception and volume is suboptimal out of box in a 600 dollar device . It is not a great phone, at least .
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I would call ,Treo everything except a great phone. If the basic function of voice reception and volume is suboptimal out of box in a 600 dollar device . It is not a great phone, at least .
    I bought my 650 in December of '05. I had absolutely no issues with phone quality. I understand their were issues early on -- but to be honest many phones suffer from problems when they are first out.

My remarks were directed more at the hardware/software synergy that I still can't find in any WM or WM Smartphone device...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    How does it compare size wise to the Wizard line?
    much thinner and a more solid build
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12