Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know if a GSM US version of this phone will be released?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I don't know, but Engadget Mobile has it reviewed.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...he-motorola-q/
    The GSM Q was shown before the EVDO one, but Verizon bought up the exclusive rights for the phone. It looks like the Samsung GSM phone will be released first.

Surur
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The GSM Q was shown before the EVDO one, but Verizon bought up the exclusive rights for the phone. It looks like the Samsung GSM phone will be released first.

Surur
    Exclusive as in a period of time like the 700W or exclusive meaning no other carriers will get it?
    Period of time. Moto has promised a whole series based on the Q.

Surur
    I'm so sick and tired of this exclusive ****, give me a break. When will they realize that people pick carriers for service reasons and not phone availability reasons. I want a Q Sprint now get out there and get me my Q!

I see I wasn't very loyal to Palm OS.
    Verizon really ticks me off. So far in 2006 they have done this 3 times with PDA phones. They get something new and then it is exclusive with them for six months. I guess they were a little hurt when Cingular got the V3 first and it took 14 months for them to get the crippled, generic menu, mismatched color, over priced V3. I am not that bent out of shape though. When the GSM version is released, it will kick the pants off the CDMA version. I will have something else to play with (nokia e61) in the meantime.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    It would be nice. I could replace the 2125 with a Q, being that they are the same WM edition, but the Q has a full keyboard. But I really like the 8125 more.
    Lady Treo, how many phones/pda's do u have? what do you do for a living that allows you to have so many phones? :-)
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    It would be nice. I could replace the 2125 with a Q, being that they are the same WM edition, but the Q has a full keyboard. But I really like the 8125 more.
    Try Nokia E61
    Killer phone.I am not going back to my 650 or 700.
    This one simply Rocks !!
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    Lady Treo, how many phones/pda's do u have? what do you do for a living that allows you to have so many phones? :-)

I'm just a certified tech geek.
    I could probably live with 2 phones. But I also have 4 lines(I barely use landline anymore), so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Try Nokia E61
    Killer phone.I am not going back to my 650 or 700.
    This one simply Rocks !!
    How is Symbian compared to WM5? Also, where'd you find yours?
    SOLID ,
    Fast .
    Multitasking is awesome.
    Ebay has it for around 475 shipped.
    Loaded with features out of box.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Why are people so excited about the Q? Aside from it being a thin device with a full keyboard it isn't at all impressive. There are many devices out, mentioned obsessively on this forum lately, that are much better than the Q.
    Met, does it sync easily with both Apple and Windows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Why are people so excited about the Q? Aside from it being a thin device with a full keyboard it isn't at all impressive. There are many devices out, mentioned obsessively on this forum lately, that are much better than the Q.
    Thin is in, apparently. Along with the full keyboard.
    If it had a touchscreen and PPC Phone Edition, we'd be all set!!
    Windows out of box. Needs a file conversion or 11 euro software for mac.
    Two things you may not like coming from T650.
    1. lack of camera.
    2. No touch screen
    If you can get over these two.This is the phone to get. Way much lighter, thinner than t650, no antenna, great voice , stable ,well built Rock Solid...... device.
    Also to add fantastic wide screen and unbelievable battery life.
    ^Yeah, I wanted to know how the battery life was on the e61. How many days will it last for you?
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I don't know about the not syncing with Mac without software. I expect that from WM already and that's bad enough! There may not be much of an incentive for me to get a Symbian unless I stick with a Windows PC.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast