Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Got the 600 and 650. I've been anxiously waiting for the Gsm "no antenna" hollywood. Looks like it gonna be awhile. But have you guys checked out the NOKIA E61 ? This thing has a striking resemblance of the Blackberry and a treo with no Antenna. I'm affraid if Palm doesn't release their hollywood, Nokia's amazing screen and touted better phone quality may Outdate the treo before it arrives.

Hurry up palm! Apparently the E61 is supposed to blow away the treo. I argued with the Nokia rep that part of the Treo power was the Available PALM software versus Symbian... But I'm going to see what this Nokia is all about
    1. It's ugly, ugly, ugly
    2. It has no antenna.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    try the e61

its like a BMW, might not necesarily be better feature wise, but construction and fit and usuability makes it all worhtwhile and makes all other smart phones just seem CHEAP

dont get me wrong, I LOVE the TREO, but the e61 just feels better and is better in many ways

you get what you pay for
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik
    might not necesarily be better feature wise, but construction and fit and usuability makes it all worhtwhile
    Looking at the pictures, this appears true.

and makes all other smart phones just seem CHEAP
    This may not.
    Game over!
    If there was a camera I would jump ship. damn no camera!!!
    also no touch screen. And 5 way navigation cant be justified with joystick. Stick that jack
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    1. It's ugly, ugly, ugly
    2. It has no antenna.
    What do you use antenna for ??
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    I have been a Treo fan boy and been with the forum for a while .
    Have anyof you even tried this thing ?
    I have the phone for a week and absolutely love it . My year and a half old much abused T650 is resting in the corner.
    Do n't give serious opinion without having played with it . I bet you if you have the phone for 2 days , you will not go back ot Treo.
    Check out howard forum thread on E61 if you need more info .
    This thing is loaded with features out of box compared to Treo.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 05/24/2006 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    If there was a camera I would jump ship. damn no camera!!!
    That's legit .
    Mtreo - how does it compare, size wise, to the 650? One thing I really like about my 8125 is that it a little smaller (and NO ANTENNAE) in lenght and width, and only .1" thicker than my former 650.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    This thing is much thinner than Treo. Slightly wide , not annoying . You can hold it and type with one hand . Very pocketable. The wider much bigger screen compensates for extra width.

Almost half in weight than Treo.

Google Treo & E 61 for images , you will see a lot.
    Will this phone work on Cingular's UMTS network??
    No. E61 uses WCDMA2100 and Cingular UMTS uses WCDMA1900.
    Do you think Cingular will release a version of this phone to work on their UMTS network?
    The E61 is a slick looking device, and having been a Nokia fanboy back in the day, I fully expect it to be very user friendly and intuitive.

The only problem I see with the E61 at the moment is that it's not available in North America. At least not officially, according to Nokia's US and Canadian sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbranch
    The E61 is a slick looking device, and having been a Nokia fanboy back in the day, I fully expect it to be very user friendly and intuitive.

The only problem I see with the E61 at the moment is that it's not available in North America. At least not officially, according to Nokia's US and Canadian sites.
    EBBBBBBBBBBBAYYYYYYYYYY..........phonesourceusa is reliable . I bought mine from him.
    Yeah, not officially .
    And the official version, E62, has no Wi-Fi, no UMTS, and only dual bands...
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    And the official version, E62, has no Wi-Fi...
    That sucks!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I purchased mine from ebay seller x1387 on Tuesday morning and the tracking information states that it is out for delivery to me already. Not bad since it was coming from Hong Kong.

If you want to check out the size comparison to the Treo 650, check out the link below from youtube.

try the e61

its like a BMW, might not necesarily be better feature wise, but construction and fit and usuability makes it all worhtwhile and makes all other smart phones just seem CHEAP

dont get me wrong, I LOVE the TREO, but the e61 just feels better and is better in many ways

you get what you pay for
    no, BMWs look good...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast