Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    CPcrazyfly,

What up from a west-coast Eagle phanatic!

I just got the e61 delivered today and I have to say that I took quite a gamble considering I was used to the Treo 650 and 8125. The versatility of the 8125 was great but the form factor left me desiring the exposed keyboard of the Treo. Moreover, I think most people overexaggerate the instability of Windows Mobile as I had no issues with resetting. However, with the Treo, I was just sick of the constant resetting at various times without any rhyme or reason. That being said, I have played with the e61 for several minutes and the design is truly remarkable. The slimness of the design is great and the width is not as bad as some make it seem. The keyboard does lack a bit of tactile feedback but it is very easy to type on. The screen is vibrant. The joystick is okay to use and not as difficult as the joystick on the Sony Ericcson line. Those were crazy small and annoying to use. There is a little bit of weight to the phone but only enough to give you a good sense that you are not using a Fisher Price toy.

In a way, I can see how jeepik likened the design to the BMW as the e61 is really well built. I mean, even some BMWs make you wonder what the hell the designer was thinking about.
    I was a Treo addict and kept my eyes closed for other devices. E61 showed me, what 's availble besides Treo with Stable, better , cheaper ,SOLID device.
    I love this thing every day.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Here are pics of E61 with T650.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=920147
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    no, BMWs look good...
    Well, if you are talking about the new ones, you are absolutely right! The new 3, 5, 7, and Z4 all look terrible. The only reason I don't have one of the new 5 series is because it looks like a Pontiac. Mercedes and Audi are kicking their asses in almost every way right now for good reason. I'm going to keep my "old" 5er and buy a nice sports car for the weekend. Heck, I might just get rid of the 5 for a Ram since the last one I was in was pretty nice...I could live with that and a Vette.

I really like the simple look of the E61. I think I'm going to check out a few reviews and see what people really think. Hopefully something more in depth than short words of praise...
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai
    CPcrazyfly,

What up from a west-coast Eagle phanatic!

back on topic, i dont like it, i wont be trying it, but good luck to all who do.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Hi,

I bought the E61 two weeks ago, but got tired of the loss of a stylus and the plastic feeling of the device.
    The Treo 650 I bought last friday, my third one, has a genuine felleing of steel qualitythát can not be found in any other device. The only problem is that where Nokia has an excellent phone support open daily between 9 am and 20 pm where Palm phone support is ompossible to reach. I have reacted to this before and that is why I sold my Tungsten models and the earlier Trea 650s. You can sped a week in queue before listening to elevator music.
    Quote Originally Posted by egil.bjarko
    Hi,

I bought the E61 two weeks ago, but got tired of the loss of a stylus and the plastic feeling of the device.
    The Treo 650 I bought last friday, my third one, has a genuine felleing of steel qualitythát can not be found in any other device. The only problem is that where Nokia has an excellent phone support open daily between 9 am and 20 pm where Palm phone support is ompossible to reach. I have reacted to this before and that is why I sold my Tungsten models and the earlier Trea 650s. You can sped a week in queue before listening to elevator music.
    LOL ,E61 is refined metal with less weight . I hate to use stylus on any phone.
    Good luck with resets, memory and a suboptimal voice & recption and almost twice the weight to your pocket with T650 ( having used the phone for 1 full year).
    I have E61 phone for a week now, and love it every day.
    Mter,

I wonder how is the stability of the device and how it performs in multimedia, such as video and music playing. Does it support A2DP, which I heard it doesn't. If not, do you know when.

I am planning to get the E70. I can't wait either. If and only if it has A2DP.

Thanks in advance

yat
    Stability - Rock solid .OS is as quick as palm.Beautiful virant screen, almost the size of ipod video.
    Music - Built in MP3 player is good with equalizer . Loudspeakers have good voice . On your table or next to bed it could be your strereo system.A2DP is probably not available.
    Built in real player does not support all formats . Smartmovie software is good for viewing almost all formats.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I concur that the OS is very stable. Not quite, not almost, but very stable. I have been playing with the phone intensively for the past 4 days and have not reset the phone once. The screen is beautiful and I really noticed it when I saw the front page photo on ESPN.com. I have not had a chance to play with the MP3 player but the voice quality on the earpiece and speakerphone is the best that I have heard on a phone since I left Nextel.

The lack of a stylus is a moot point at this point in time. I have not encountered an issue with the joystick or onscreen navigation. The lack of 3rd party software at this point in time kind of sucks, especially if you are the type of person who likes to fiddle with new programs. But seriously, the phone has most of the features built into the system. By the way, it's nice to have a phone that has some more business appropriate ringtones than some other phones on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai
    I concur that the OS is very stable. Not quite, not almost, but very stable. I have been playing with the phone intensively for the past 4 days and have not reset the phone once. The screen is beautiful and I really noticed it when I saw the front page photo on ESPN.com. I have not had a chance to play with the MP3 player but the voice quality on the earpiece and speakerphone is the best that I have heard on a phone since I left Nextel.

The lack of a stylus is a moot point at this point in time. I have not encountered an issue with the joystick or onscreen navigation. The lack of 3rd party software at this point in time kind of sucks, especially if you are the type of person who likes to fiddle with new programs. But seriously, the phone has most of the features built into the system. By the way, it's nice to have a phone that has some more business appropriate ringtones than some other phones on the market.
    There is so much you can teach people . They have no idea , what they are missing .
    As far as 3rd part apps are concerned , You do not need Zlauncher , hilauncher , Documents to go , volume care , snapper mail , chattermail, mobimate , ptunes, with this device . That leaves the list very small.
    I have downloaded splash ID & splash Photo .Agendus support should be vailable soon as they have symbian support for Non S60 devices like SE P990.
    I bought the Krussel cabriolet case on ebay today. Looks this one is here to stay for 1-2 yrs.
    How has the e61 sync'd to Mac's Address Book and iCal? Any problems?

YoungTurk
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Being a Cingular user I am patiently awaiting the E61 to come to the opening of the Nokia flagship store here in Chicago. There have been rumors of a slimmed down E62 that Cingular will offer. Does anyone know if I pick up a E61 will ZI be able to use it with Cingular?
    By the way I still am using my Treo 600 as an email device and I need a Razr for voice communications. I was very unhappy with Treo quality as a phone and now the Q is CDMA only!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bg1260
    Being a Cingular user I am patiently awaiting the E61 to come to the opening of the Nokia flagship store here in Chicago. There have been rumors of a slimmed down E62 that Cingular will offer. Does anyone know if I pick up a E61 will ZI be able to use it with Cingular?
    By the way I still am using my Treo 600 as an email device and I need a Razr for voice communications. I was very unhappy with Treo quality as a phone and now the Q is CDMA only!

yes i am using the e61 on congular without any issues

call quality is fantastic( a little quiet) but very very clear and realistic
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=bg1260]Being a Cingular user I am patiently awaiting the E61 to come to the opening of the Nokia flagship store here in Chicago. There have been rumors of a slimmed down E62 that Cingular will offer.
    [QUOTE]

http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/31/n...cingular-soon/

Just saw this today. As thought, the wi-fi will be stripped but a camera will not be added.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    This is what I have been hearing. But from jeepik's post it seems I would be able to use the E61. Of course I assume Cingular will not have a ugrade price or any incentive. Seeing that WiFi is available on the E61 and if I could use it on my carrier, it would be worth the xtra dollars
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    If you are out of contract you can get a service credit on your Cingular bill if you purchase a device they don't offer. Just fax them a copy of your receipt and they'll give you a $150 credit on your account. You may have to call "retention" to get them to do it but it's worth the effort. (I got a $150 credit on my account when I purchase a QTek 9100 when the 8125 hadn't been released yet)
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    That sounds great!
    Now all I have to do is see what price Cingular comes in at for the E62.
    Does anyone know where I can purchase the E61?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ebay is your best friend

just look for reputable resellers

i got mine overnighted
    with excellent service
    Jeepik, or anyone with a Nokia E61 who is using Cingular - Can I trouble you to send me the settings that you have? I'm still having issues w/ my Nokia E61 where I lose data capabilities. When I go to the connection manager, it says that it's "connecting" to CINGULAR INTERNET, though it never does reconnect w/out restarting it. Ironically enough, the phone works fine when I lose the data capabilities. Pretty annoying since I have goodlink running on it.... Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast